Mortality question....

afterburnt
afterburnt Posts: 7,892
edited February 2019 in The Clubhouse
How can you tell if you're gonna die? I think I have all of the symptoms.

Thanks
Dagmar

Comments

• See your doctor for a complete physical.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    They say the moment that you’re born is when you start to die...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    In with 56 for all your gear
  • afterburnt
    @Willow sorry not a winner I made it past 56 but here's a bic pen as a consolation prize.

Thanks
    Dagmar
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited February 2019
    Biologist say that men begin to die at age 27, and women at age 30. These are the average ages when you are losing more cells than your body can replace---and so starts the slow decline.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited February 2019
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Biologist say that men begin to die at age 27, and women at age 30. These are the average ages when you are losing more cells than your body can replace---and so starts the slow decline.

That's why God invented the gym ........and testosterone replacement therapy ;^ )
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • ^^TRT, you recommend it?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • dragon1952
    edited February 2019
    ^^TRT, you recommend it?

Yes, I truly believe it can help many live longer, healthier, happier lives. The problem is getting your GP to prescribe it.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • afterburnt
    ^^TRT, you recommend it?

I am more into natural remedies. Try popsicle sticks and rubber bands. Actually, HGH will do wonders until you start growing a third head.
  • dragon1952
    afterburnt wrote: »
    ^^TRT, you recommend it?

I am more into natural remedies. Try popsicle sticks and rubber bands. Actually, HGH will do wonders until you start growing a third head.

No no no......I'm not talking HGH or steroids....I'm talking bio-identical prescription testosterone. Exact same as what the body produces. But...since you mentioned it (natural remedies) Tongkat Ali (Longjack) is the ticket there.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    ^^TRT, you recommend it?

Yes, I truly believe it can help many live longer, healthier, happier lives. The problem is getting your GP to prescribe it.

And dodging all the cancers that come with it.
  • afterburnt
    @dragon1952 "Longjack"? they got any quickjack, I don't have a lot of time and don't want to spend a lot of money?
  • pitdogg2
    @dragon1952 "Longjack"? they got any quickjack, I don't have a lot of time and don't want to spend a lot of money?

Well then try Tequila
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Is this a real question? Or do you want a real answer? Do you mean like 10 minutes before you crump? Or do you mean like a premonition?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,350
    edited February 2019
    You'd think it would be lesstality instead of mortality.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,307
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Well then try Tequila
    But not Tila.
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    You'd think it would be lesstality instead of mortality.
    I think that's still illegal in most states.

I disabled signatures.
  • SCompRacer
    msg wrote: »
    I think that's still illegal in most states.

Are you maybe thinking of beasttality? :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • pitdogg2
    msg wrote: »
    Well then try Tequila
    But not Tila

We if you're already giving the ol'bucket a good stomp... what's the worst that could happen? Besides it takes a good 10 day's for the infection to set in :D:D:D

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    ^^TRT, you recommend it?

And dodging all the cancers that come with it.

Geez....what have you been reading. Something really old and inconclusive is my bet. :^ /
  • SCompRacer
    edited February 2019
    Back to the OP, do you see a bright light? If it's an oscillating white light, you're in the path of an older train, get off the tracks.

If you see this guy, well, nice knowing you.

uvi0dmmp1qko.png
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited February 2019
    Dagmar? Do you got whiskers sticking out from under your pancake makeup, and does it nearly drive you insane and did you sniff the reeking buns of Angel, and acted like it was Cocaine, and did you come back Sunday for the Gong show. If you answered yes to all the above. then your life expectancy is near its end. :(
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • msg
    If you're hanging out with Darby O'Gill...

4D271g.gif

I disabled signatures.
  • afterburnt
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Dagmar? Do you got whiskers sticking out from under your pancake makeup, and does it nearly drive you insane and did you sniff the reeking buns of Angel, and acted like it was Cocaine, and did you come back Sunday for the Gong show. If you answered yes to all the above. then your life expectancy is near its end. :(

@gudnoyez touché! however "Dagmar" is a fine assed German **** that I used to date that tried to take my manhood. I am just giving a shout out to her that reminds me that what a great country that I live in and to always be grateful. I didn't have to go all the way to Germany for this kind of abuse, I found it right here at home in Murica! Strange but she made that Schutzstaffel cap look great! Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited February 2019
    deleted...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    Twenty twenty twenty four hours to go
    I wanna be deleted
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Oh that Dagmar
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited February 2019
    Well, this thread has taken a turn for the better. And much more interesting than morality.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • msg
    Well, this thread has taken a turn for the better. And much more interesting than morality.
    And mortality. lol

I disabled signatures.