Ken, help

Comments

• aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,298
    edited February 14
    Your new account name is your old one "scrambled", (vanilla logic). I must be dyslexic, I thought is was in reverse. Someone will fix you.
    Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,021
    edited February 14
    well, what happens if you log into your old identity account?

Especially if, e.g., you try clearing your cache & cookies...or... try "incognito" mode?

• I can't log in to my old account Doc, that's the whole point of this. Even on the mobile app. I click on forgot my password under TONYB, they send you link to your email to reset it. When I click on that link, this guys name pops up.

How is he associated with my email.
    My guess is another vanilla screw up since all the letters are there of my screen name just rearranged.

On my computer, I stored all my passwords, but the one for Polk isn't working.
  • OleBootOleBoot Posts: 422
    How can I use the Vanilla anagram generator to help me solve my crossword puzzle?
    I started out with nothing and have most of it left.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,582
    edited February 14
    Tony... have you asked Alexa?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• Tony... have you asked Alexa?

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, wouldn't ask her a thing except how soon will she resign and check herself into a padded room.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 21,021
    Now we just need to find tun1F and all will be well with the world.

• KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,846
    I've contacted him via PM.
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
  • msgmsg Posts: 4,696
    Where's the fun in that?!? c'mon, we wanna see to those threats made publicly!
    I disabled signatures.
  • verbverb Posts: 5,132
    Gotta laugh here! Newbies! I tell ya! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • dagodago Posts: 38
    edited February 16
    Me again, since I had to create another account to fix the original one. Is it too much to ask for anyone to actually contact me by email directly ?

You deleted BYNOT, as I asked, but never associated my email with my account of Tonyb. When I go to reset my password, a popup says no known associated email.

Who do I have to call, talk to, to fix this ?
    Post edited by KennethSwauger on
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,591
    edited February 16
    dago wrote: »
    Me again, since I had to create another account to fix the original one. Is it too much to ask for anyone to actually contact me by email directly ?

You deleted BYNOT, as I asked, but never associated my email with my account of Tonyb. When I go to reset my password, a popup says no known associated email.

@KennethSwauger
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    dago wrote: »

[email protected]

@KennethSwauger

Hasn't worked so far. He's been forwarding my problem to Val at Vanilla, and I appreciate his help, but Vanilla can't seem to get it right.

Match the email to the proper member...why is this so hard ?
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 19,582
    Home Depot has a special buy on concrete....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,154
    Where do these rude fly by posters keep coming from?!?
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,248
    REPORTED
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    Would it help to clear all your history and cookies on your PC

or get to a PC that is new to you to get reset...that way you don't lose your "saved passwords" for your other stuff???

Just throwing stuff out there that maybe hindering a reset
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,026
    Is it me or does this new Dago fellow seem like a spammer? Reported!
    2 Channel
    BlueSound Node 2 Streaming Tidal I Marantz SA8005 I Music Hall MMF7.3 I Lounge Audio LCR Mk III I Backert Labs Rhumba 1.1 I B&K Ref 200.2 I Focal Aria 926 I Wireworld Eclipse 7 IC's I Acoustic Zen Satori SC I Pangea AC14SE MkII/PS Audio AC-3 Power Cables

Living Room HT
    Sony XBR65X930E I Marantz NR-1608 I Q Acoustics 2020i I Q Acoustics 3090c I FXI-A4's I DIY 15" Dayton SW

txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Would it help to clear all your history and cookies on your PC

or get to a PC that is new to you to get reset...that way you don't lose your "saved passwords" for your other stuff???

Just throwing stuff out there that maybe hindering a reset

Did that Ron. Problem is vanilla disassociated my email with my screen name. Went to sign in, after the usual time out after 2 weeks, and it wouldn't recognize my password.

Go to reset my password, and the link showed up as member boynot, which is just scrambled letters of my name. Had vanilla delete that name, but they also deleted the email with it. So now, if I go to sign in under Tonyb, there is no known email address to send a link to reset my password.....since it won't accept the password I've been using for nearly 2 decades.

All they have to do is, match up my email I posted above, to the screen name of Tonyb, which should have taken all of 60 seconds. That way I could reset my password and life goes on. Instead it's become a 2 day ordeal, maybe longer considering it's Friday and it isn't fixed yet.
    Tony
    Go to the back of the class...just opened the door ;)
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,263
    Maybe someone took offense to something you wrote a year ago and you're in a time out.

I'm just messin' with ya! I have to get that dig in every chance I get.
    2.0/3.0 - Marantz: PM8005 w/HT Bypass, NA8005 | Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline Mk3 x7 | Sanus UF30 | OC703 Panels

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | OC703 Panels
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,846
    "Problem is vanilla disassociated my email with my screen name."

This didn't happen, Vanilla doesn't have the ability to separate anybody's account from their email address. At 2:45 this afternoon I sent you an email from my account to you asking for confirmation of problems logging into your account and suggesting you change your password. I have not received a reply. I did this because you said your account had been hacked and someone had created a shared account with the username of "Byont". This shared account was created in 2013 and I have deleted it.
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,188
    Spammer!
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 5,907
    I did this because you said your account had been hacked and someone had created a shared account with the username of "Byont". This shared account was created in 2013 and I have deleted it.

tenor.gif
    • "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    edited February 15
    "Problem is vanilla disassociated my email with my screen name."

This didn't happen, Vanilla doesn't have the ability to separate anybody's account from their email address. At 2:45 this afternoon I sent you an email from my account to you asking for confirmation of problems logging into your account and suggesting you change your password. I have not received a reply. I did this because you said your account had been hacked and someone had created a shared account with the username of "Byont". This shared account was created in 2013 and I have deleted it.

I can't change my password Ken, because the link you send me comes up as BYONT. I asked you to delete that person, not my email.

If I go to sign in under Tonyb , under the restore password link, it doesn't recognize my email, so somehow, my email and user name of Tonyb got separated.

All we need to do, is put them back together. Can you let me know when that happens please.

If Vanilla doesn't have the power to do that, why is my email "not found" under Tonyb ? The same email I've had for years. Maybe they got hacked ? I don't know how it happened, don't really care either, as long as we put them back together.
    edited February 16
    This is what I got in my email box. I tried responding, came back as undeliverable.

Polk Audio https://forum.polkaudio.com/

Re: Password change...

Reply:

"

Hey Ken!

To be clear, he is not user ByonT, but his email address is

The email address associated with TonyB is - is this not

his email address?

It seems he has 2 accounts ByonT and TonyB. If he's using is email address to

[/b]

If this is the case, does he need these two accounts merged?

Val

Reply: https://forum.polkaudio.com/messages/350678#Message_502675

The gmail is wrong too,either one is legit.