Going to Hawaii...

in 12 years and I'm so excited about it! Any suggestions on how to get there would be appreciated. :D:D:D

Comments

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Well you got 12 years to think about it :p
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    charley95 wrote: »
    Any suggestions on how to get there...

Not a regular cruise liner person but won a trip through Carnival several years ago. Was a voucher for $$$ towards any cruise. Carnival was repositioning a ship from the US to Australia and used a 2 week sailing to/from San Diego/Hawaii as a test run for the crew. We booked the trip and paid a bit extra for a balcony room.

Once in the islands, we stopped at Kauai, Oahu, Maui, and Hawaii. Made rental car reservations for each stop and made sure we were 1st off the ship each morning to beeline for the pick-up point and make the most of each day.

Not necessarily advocating a 2 week long cruise...lots of ocean time, but we were able to get a feel for each island. From what I understand, CONUS to island cruises aren't very common but they do have inter island cruises that you could jump on once you get there.

Just a suggestion.

Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • Fly!!! Hawaii especially Maui, is my favorite place on Earth. Plan to snorkel, dive, hike, eat, etc. maximize you stay.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Just a joke guys. I was referring to the news that planes will be abolished, if ya know what I mean?! Ya can't help but laugh at that one.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Fly!!! Hawaii especially Maui, is my favorite place on Earth. Plan to snorkel, dive, hike, eat, etc. maximize you stay.

I smoked some Maui back in the old days.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    ^^ and still feeling it, eh?
    I disabled signatures.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Tony M wrote: »
    Fly!!! Hawaii especially Maui, is my favorite place on Earth. Plan to snorkel, dive, hike, eat, etc. maximize you stay.

I smoked some Maui back in the old days.

So did the Choom Gang...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    in 12 years and I'm so excited about it! Any suggestions on how to get there would be appreciated. :D:D:D

Well I don't recommend driving...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    msg wrote: »
    ^^ and still feeling it, eh?

I wish! Possibly the best I've ever smoked!

There's a life story around those couple puffs too. Amazing how events come and go in our lives. Some good, some not. But I still smile when I think about that afternoon when a friend took me to this guys trailer. I still can see that girl on his porch with her hands hanging onto something above her head and one knee on a the porch railing and the biggest smile a girl could smile. I think she was 18 then.

And then a year or so later when I met up with the guy's old girlfriend for the second time in my life. She had left him. She moved back to another city 50 miles away. Me and a friend went back to that old city for something and we're in the mall walking and then she recognizes me and comes and smiles that big smile again. Hey tony!.. :p:) Well, she rode back to my friends house with me and she spent the night. ;) My friend took her back home the next day. He had the car. I just replayed the old time and the new time over and over with a smile on my face for days!

If you've seen Joe Dirt... think Brandy in those jean shorts or the other girl Brittney in her jean shorts. :p
    w66ywa6gpkgb.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    edited February 2019
    Very nice memories Tony M.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    audioluvr wrote: »

Well I don't recommend driving...

That there is funny. That be like telling the Ole Lady your gonna take her on a nice long cruise & load the canoe up. Enjoy your Hawaii vacation
    Randy/Maine
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    I’ll bet you could get there in a Nissan Leaf - I hear those cars can do just about anything😉
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn