Speaker wire and interconnect cable for SDA 2A

Just bought a pair of SDA 2As
What is the best speaker wire from receiver to speakers?
With the blade/blade interconnect cable is there one blade that carried the info like with the pin/blade cable or do they both carry the info?

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,709
    MIT Cables, accept no substitute.

Both blades carry a signal.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Many thanks F1nut. I have been reading many of your posts and you clearly know these speakers.
    Will Polk Audio still make the blade/blade cable? Order through Customer Service?
  • F1nut
    Yes, Polk still sells the blade/blade cable. It runs $40 something. Call to order.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Many thanks F1nut.
  • Hi. My first post here. Reviving an old thread. I just got a pair of SDA 2A. I took off the terminal plates and was surprised to see that only one pin of the interconnect has a wire connected. That can't be right can it? The interconnect cable has two wires in it. Is there a reason someone would disable the interconnect? Any info is greatly appreciated.
  • F1nut
    Do you have a blade/blade or pin/blade SDA cable?

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,480
    Both blades are active in SDA2a so yes.
  • Thanks! I'll open them up later and see what's going on in there..
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    It may be possible that you've got an early pair of 2B studios--These featured a blade/blade interconnect but only the small blade is connected.

Check your mid woofers--2A should have a pair of MW6510's; 2B should have MW6503 stereo driver and MW6511 dimensional driver.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Ok, one mystery solved. They are 2B Studio. I'm having a hard time understanding how the dimensional effect works with only one wire going between the speakers.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited February 2019
    Ok, one mystery solved. They are 2B Studio. I'm having a hard time understanding how the dimensional effect works with only one wire going between the speakers.

The Dimensional speakers are hooked up across the positive terminals of the amp.
    So they receive the "difference" signal, which is the opposite of the summed or mono signal.

Picture one big daisy chain from the left positive of amp through the left dimensional speaker, then through the interconnect then the right dimensional speaker then back to the positive right side amp.

There is a bit more to it, but that is how the Dimensional or surround or difference channel is wired.
    The dimensional speakers receive bass from the left and right respective channels also, but the dimensional channel only works on the sound above the bass.
  • That makes sense. Is this also the reason the amplifier must be a common ground amp?
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    That makes sense. Is this also the reason the amplifier must be a common ground amp?

Yes