Latest LSiM Adorama deal

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,967
    The receiver is far inferior than the previous deal.. But not a bad deal
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    edited February 2019
    Adorama Deals: Single-handedly destroying LSiM resale value, one fire sale at a time.
  • dolbyd
    dolbyd Posts: 430
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Adroama Deals: Single-handedly destroying LSiM resale value, one fire sale at a time.

Agreed.
    I just offered a guy $1100 for a new 705/706 set. He is thinking about it with no offers at $1500.

Main room- RTiA9 x4, CSiA6, in ceiling Atmos RT-70 x4, SVS PC 4000 x2, Marantz 8805A, OPPO 203, Emotiva DR3 G3, Emotiva XPA-2 G3, Emotiva XPA-5 G3, Emotiva X300, Sony 75" 940E, Panasonic Plasma VT50, PS Audio Power Port X2, PS Audio AC-5 x8, AQ Rocket 33 Biwire speaker cables, AQ King Cobra XLR IC, Furman PFi20 W/Cullen cable, SoildSteel S4-4 rack, Gik room treatments

Office- Legend L600, in ceiling Polk RC80i, Marantz 7704, OPPO 203, Pioneer Elite PDF-59 CD, PSA Stellar 300, Sony 55" 800B, Gik room treatment

Master BR- Signature ES60, Signature S35 Center, Signature S15 Dolby Height, LSI700 in ceiling, SVS-SB4000, Marantz 5012, Emotiva XPA5 G2, OPPO 203, Pioneer DVL-919 Laser Disc, Sony 55" OLED

Patio- SDI Atrium8 x3, Emotiva A-100 amps x3
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    I dunno. Bought my 703’s for $699 new. Two years later sold them for $599. Bought my 705’s new for $799 and I feel they are still worth pert near that?
    Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Clipdat
    I've had no interest locally in my perfect condition cherry 703s at $600.
  • pawelmwo
    pawelmwo Posts: 137
    dolbyd wrote: »
    Adroama Deals: Single-handedly destroying LSiM resale value, one fire sale at a time.

Agreed.
    I just offered a guy $1100 for a new 705/706 set. He is thinking about it with no offers at $1500.

$999 shipped if you dont mind Cherry. For what it's worth I got my 705's from Adorama and they arrived in one piece.
  • pawelmwo
    pawelmwo Posts: 137
    The only question is if Polk is somehow feeding Adorama some B stock with less than ideal manufacturing. I can't say I have noticed any issues with mine but I didn't exactly tear them down to look either.
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    I am thinking they are clearing house. Probably still some good ones out there, but I think sooner than later it will be down to only B-Stock, Refurb, open box and As-Is.

Some of the As-Is units they have listed on Ebay are a bummer to look at. Just sad to see such a solid speaker literally beat up.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    What's a fair price on a pair of used 702 f/x's? Can't imagine it'd be much less than $600.

I'm sure I'll take the plunge with them at some point, I just figured I'd be a while from now when just the right deal popped up.
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • I will buy a pair of 705's MM @999 if ever offered on Adorama.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • I thought my mm 705s were a steal @ $1500, but that was 2016, got the matching center and surrounds for another $600. $2100 all in isn’t bad. I couldn’t get maybe half that selling used, but I think they’ll be around awhile...a long while.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • pawelmwo wrote: »
    The only question is if Polk is somehow feeding Adorama some B stock with less than ideal manufacturing. I can't say I have noticed any issues with mine but I didn't exactly tear them down to look either.

I've been wondering that as well.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    A good sub intead of the AVR
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    I am thinking they are clearing house. Probably still some good ones out there, but I think sooner than later it will be down to only B-Stock, Refurb, open box and As-Is.

Some of the As-Is units they have listed on Ebay are a bummer to look at. Just sad to see such a solid speaker literally beat up.

Some of their as-is models are truely hard to look at. But they are selling them for $200 a tower? So if you are handy you could get two lf those and fix them with parts from Polk directly.
    That is something I thought about doing a while back... :)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    While those are good deals, all but the 703s have been cheaper at some point FYI...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    I ordered a 706 from them before Christmas, first one was double-boxed, but one side looked like it had been hit with a sledgehammer during shipping. Shipper picked it back up and a new one was one it's way about a week later. this one was single boxed also completely wrecked.

It looked like someone had somehow reached in from the back and pushed both the woofers out from the inside. This one also went straight back and I requested a refund.

I can't blame them for the first one, but on their second try it was like they dug up the worst B stock they could find and sent it to me.

Anyway I got my refund, but wasted a month. I seem to be cursed when it comes to the 706, Future Shop sold out of them immediately when they were selling off the LSIM line, Polk wouldn't sell me one during their F&F event because I'm Canadian and now I've had two smashed ones in my possession briefly. If my 704 could talk it would be laughing at me....
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902

Maybe because they can buy them brand new with a warranty for 6 bones.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    tonyb wrote: »
    Maybe because they can buy them brand new with a warranty for 6 bones.

Yeah, I'm aware of the current sale price.

I listed them back when they were still being sold for $750 each on Adorama.

I've since lowered the price to $500 for the pair and still no interest. Do I have to lower to $400? Give them away as Karma?
  • VR3
    Why not just list them on ebay? Average rate is 750 shipped, sells within a week
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    They won’t be available forever. When adorama either stops selling them or is out of stock that is the time to sell them. I sold a pair on eBay for what you are asking a little over a year ago. So if you can sit on them you are fine. If you need to sell right away then you will have to take a hit...sorry...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    VR3 wrote: »
    Why not just list them on ebay? Average rate is 750 shipped, sells within a week

Don't have original boxes.
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302

Don't have original boxes.

Could you get boxes/packing from JimBrick or Skip? Or Polk CS?

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/51908/boxes-and-packing
  • VR3
    meh...

HD - 1" foam sheet ($15) - cut them into 4" strips, enclose each speaker at all seams... make sure the corners are 2" thick - box it - rip and rock!

HD sells boxes that will work maybe 2 bucks a pop.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Thanks Ken for quelling the rumors. Adorama has always done me right.
    Love yours. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited February 2019
    meh...
    HD - 1" foam sheet ($15) - cut them into 4" strips, enclose each speaker at all seams... make sure the corners are 2" thick - box it - rip and rock!
    HD sells boxes that will work maybe 2 bucks a pop.
    Yes, one can always find boxes and foam to ship stuff. When folks tell me they don't have boxes it tells me that they are not willing to go through the trouble.

pawelmwo wrote: »
    I seriously doubt they would do that. I'm sure they spent a ton on R&D and tooling so why would they let their largest retailer underhandedly sell the top-of the line B-Stock gear as new? Not a good look for the company.

I simply think they had a hard time moving the speakers off the shelves at the MSRP. Fast forward to the present with Adorama buying these by the truck loads and selling them to those that did not even have Polk LSiM on their radar ... the LSiM line is gaining interest via deal sites like www.slickdeals.net. Lower prices and more volume can make money...

I wonder what the sales history looks like for the LSiM line?

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Hello all,

Adorama is the only authorized online dealer of LSiM for Polk Audio. We are selling them brand new pieces, no B-stock.

Per Ken earlier in this thread. They are not not B-stock or refurbished.

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I get rid of boxes pretty soon after getting items. Not everyone has Uber storage for empty boxes.
    Elac boxes went bye bye within a day.

Only ones I kept are ones that I thought I might sell and actually ship without a freight company getting involved. IE ps stellar gain.
  • Clipdat
    WLDock wrote: »
    Yes, one can always find boxes and foam to ship stuff. When folks tell me they don't have boxes it tells me that they are not willing to go through the trouble.

Pretty bold statement to make when you don't really know anything about me or my shipping & selling practices.

You know that 703s routinely get damaged in transit even WITH their original factory packaging, right?

I'm simply not willing to risk some schmuck off eBay making a claim/dispute and fvcking me over because of shipping damage.