Power Amp Recommendations for LSiM 705’s?

Welp, my new B&K 202+ arrived with a crackle from the left speaker output at higher volumes. When it isn’t crackling, I love the sound paired with my Yamaha CX-1 preamp. Since I’m in the market again, can anyone recommend some other good alternatives? Should I stay B&K? New power amps are very pricey so it looks like I’m in the used market. Budget would be around $300-400 if possible.

Any opinions on the Outlaw Monoblocks? The amp must be “musical” since that is 99% of my listening. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited February 2019
    If you can stretch the budget slightly there are a few options on our local marketplace:

Parasound A23: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/185226/parasound-a23-for-quick-sale

Parasound 2250v2: https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/185062/fs-parasound-2250-v2-rta11t-jbl-l3

$300-400 is a hard price point for an amp of decent quality, imo. That's Emotiva territory for new prices, and I hesitate to direct you toward older/vintage stuff since you've already had the issue with the B&K.
  • imsjry
    imsjry Posts: 120
    Thanks so much for these links. Am I safe to say anything in the Parasound family would work well with the 705's, including down to the HCA-1000? Is Adcom not known to play nice with the LSiM's?
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    I had an outlaw mono block and it did the job fine. I have a model 5000 now and love it. Can’t say the same about my outlaw pre/pro but no complaints about the amps.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Which Outlaw pre/pro do you have Airplay, and what don't you like about it?
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Airplay355 wrote: »
    I had an outlaw mono block and it did the job fine. I have a model 5000 now and love it. Can’t say the same about my outlaw pre/pro but no complaints about the amps.

I also have the 5000 on LSiMs. It’s wonderful. Exceeded my expectations by a long shot.

I’ve had the Outlaw 975 pre/pro for two days now....still evaluating. Curious to hear your experience.

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    I don’t like how noisy it is, the poor quality remotes, the low max volume. But I guess for the price it’s decent enough.

Agree about the 5000. Definitely exceeded expectations.