Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    You gotta admit, that's a heck of a deal... Surprised it lasted this long.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I need a set for my RT5000 system too.

I've kind of been looking for 13+ years for a rosewood set. :'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited February 2019
    Jeez, anybody post these? Been up for more than two weeks, no idea if still available--CRS and stands for $100, accepting offers? Gotta love when good stuff is hidden in a furniture ad. Coastal Carolina.

https://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/fuo/d/shallotte-various-furniture/6789197455.html

3ojxjblwgox2.png

Edit: Not my neck of the woods or I'd be pursuing them!
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • FestYboy
    agfrost wrote: »
    Jeez, anybody post these? Been up for more than two weeks, no idea if still available--CRS and stands for $100, accepting offers? Gotta love when good stuff is hidden in a furniture ad. Coastal Carolina.

https://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/fuo/d/shallotte-various-furniture/6789197455.html

3ojxjblwgox2.png

Edit: Not my neck of the woods or I'd be pursuing them!

They're off the post, assuming they got nabbed.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nice grab Tony! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Holden Beach trip to get the SDA-CRS's. :p
    kfa3sehban1p.png
    28w1811ujhah.png
    0q5ee4mjxiil.png
    Yes this bridge has this steep of a slope!! :o
    nq09pzaafqu7.png
    7b3wfj0blhh0.png
    hyhlcn5p6l9z.png
    syi007q0yojt.png
    xhibijszgxrt.png
    pps18btunwoc.png
    tdq0okci952c.png
    m05mlqlopj2a.png
    5 miles of these homes at least. Ocean side on the left. :)
    k8wu9eexovcl.png
    A couple of marsh lands were on the right.
    eqyhgp6xb03v.png
    54u7eopb1b34.png
    Heading home with the CRSs.
    2yh0w8j72drc.png
    dd2paw3m70ez.png
    ezzsh6thg5vu.png
    zj05oszp8jlr.png
    li1roppslsck.png
    ti6yb21lczwl.png
    ck4mnnzrs91n.png
    oeutswhozrc9.png
    2vw1mzpnaipd.png
    Pics of them at my house follow next. ;):p:)
  • Tony M
    I thought they were blade blade. I even looked while at his house.

Then I get home and go to take pictures and I see that PIN.

How did that happen? I need glasses! :s
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Nice haul! In the future, remember to transport vintage Polks on their backs to help reduce the chances of shifted magnets.
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    What about the stands :/
  • Tony M
    I forgot about that picture. :s I skipped it in the sequence and was going to post it in the end. This is what happens as we age I think! :D
    Here they are. No spikes though.

The ride to get these and back is so smooth, it was like floating there and back. Really nice trips going South. A lot of new pavement. Super quiet too.

xkh4rch9i5sw.png
  • verb
    Hermitism wrote: »
    monepolk wrote: »
    What about the moving blankets????? I thought we sat Tony down and had this talk before! :smiley:

I knew that was coming! At least there was plenty of space! :smile: Congrats Tony!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Wow Tony, I'm so happy this worked out for you! Pin-blade CRS+; both better and cheaper to mod than the other versions, opens the door to iso transformer if you want to roll that way.

I've got (minty!) CRS with the dimensional tweeter, I've got (minty!!) CRS+ with blade-blade, but you just got home with the best variant. Super awesome. No idea why but I couldn't sleep last night and ended up using SearchTempest for the first time in years; looked up a few terms including "SDA" and that ad popped up. $100 for *any* type CRS with stands is a screaming deal so I decided to post. Really happy a Polkie managed to snag them.

Cool pictures and love your enthusiasm. Hope they're amazing for you.

Jay
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    What about the moving blankets????? I thought we sat Tony down and had this talk before! :smiley:

BELIEVE ME...I thought pretty hard about bringing a blanket and snuggling those guys up nice and tight and warm, I did! But then...I thought... I've got to get down there FAST!

I used my speaker blanket to pick up those Pioneer CS-99A's and it's still with them, keeping them warm. Seriously. ;):)

I also thought I could slip this purchase ( without the use of my moving blanket ) and post a lot of pictures. Flooding my posts with bridge, beach and ocean pictures. :D

But you guys are to slick and alert! :'(

Even the missing picture of the stands didn't go un-noticed. :D I love you guys! ;) Keeping me straight and alert and prepared ;) .
  • verb
    We love you too Tony! That’s why we poke on ya! :smile:
  • Tony M
    @agfrost...I found my Pro-Ject Persex w/Grado Gold by looking at Eastern NC. Craigs list last summer. I only look at Eastern NC. CList once a year maybe!! The TT was on there for a couple weeks or 3 also. For 250.00. It might've been in Household or the reg. Electronics. I forget now but for 3 weeks it sat there. I had to make a road trip for 7 hours but it sure was worth it!!! Rare decisions bring up rare things sometimes...don't they! Miracles...is what I feel they are.

I did hook these CRS's up today because it was just to nice outside not too. I was curious too, thinking maybe some speakers didn't work and that's why he priced them so reasonable.

All the speakers work and work they do! Man...I forgot just how unbelievable these CRS's sound. I knew they were great but I had them in the same spot as the Pioneer's facing my back yard and the same receiver, a Nakamichi RE-10, gave these enough juice to rock the neighborhood AGAIN. :DB) Well, these 2 CRS's sounded like one Pioneer CS99A did last week. :D

I really liked the sound I heard this afternoon! B) And they were just pointing into my back yard. :o They sounded well balanced and CLEAR.

These are the last pics. on this set, I promise. :p:) The backs looked Minty. :D There was a slight bit of dust but NOTHING like I'm used to dealing with, with speakers this old. The front speakers had what looked like dust or even a little tiny bit of mold build-up on the horizontal planes but it wiped right off with a little Windex today. The speakers were tacky and made from a material I don't think I've seen before. They had what looked like a weave I think. A fine texture for the cones.

I noticed more of the grill cloth was wanting to peel off but a quick gluing will fix those spots.

My camera has a scratched lens and spots appear in some pictures. You can see them in some of these.
    2gs7arxuiisv.png
    xnypqxvv43i3.png

97sdc2utxd1a.png
    tc2uvkjjoua3.png
    lrqxmpih9an8.png
    06u77z2glnmj.png
    tctjn1wvrhub.png

@agfrost...I THANK YOU!

• Tony M,

That was a very enjoyable trip by picture, and glad you got those speakers.

I put this video on F1Nut's thread but it is more applicable on your road trip. Maybe you need a set of horns on your car as you travel to announce your presence.

https://youtu.be/p9nuiWtZOMs
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969

Blankets is plural! Thou shalt keep multiple blankets in vehicle(s). Thou shalt never place anything on top of speakers. Thus spake Zarathrustra
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Harbor Freight sells "moving blankets" cheap. Maybe I need to buy some now and keep them in my trunk JUST for transporting my audio purchases. :p

These look great! 9.00 but with 20% off coupon...7.20...not bad at all.
    https://www.harborfreight.com/72-inch-x-80-inch-movers-blanket-66537.html
    cclxpov27zpa.png

Post edited by Tony M on
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I keep blankets in my car for two reasons....

1. Car breaks down in the cold
    2. Transporting gear
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Tony M wrote: »
    Harbor Freight sells "moving blankets" cheap. Maybe I need to buy some now and keep them in my trunk JUST for transporting my audio purchases. :p

cclxpov27zpa.png

Or you could also go to the local thrift like I did and bring home a variety of them for very little $$. The wife's old bath towels also work well to wrap electronics for a safe journey home.
  • verb
    Tony M wrote: »

cclxpov27zpa.png

And if you get kicked to the Dog House, they make excellent bed spreads! :smile:
  • Tony M
    edited February 2019
    Great price to start with.^^^

Prices keep getting better and better the more people go streaming and wireless. :o

When Bose came out, I bought a lot of great deals. I think this is the new dump of big audio speakers and gear. Maybe I should hit the old spots I used to frequent! :p
  • 5.1 System:
    TCL R613 55" 4K
    Front: SRS-3.1TL
    Center: CS400i
    Surround: Monitor 10B
    PSW10 subwoofer
    Onkyo PR-SC886P Pre/Pro
    NAD T955 5 channel power amplifier
    Technics SL-1710 MK2 turntable
    Audio-Technica AT14Sa cartridge
    Parasound P3 pre-amp
    Oppo BDP-103 Blu-Ray
    2014 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz

2.0 Office System:
    Monitor 10A (Peerless)
    Outlaw 1050 receiver
    Parasound HCA-1000A power amp
    MacPro
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Play your cards right they're free....
  • JayMX
    JayMX Posts: 434
    JayMX wrote: »
    Oh this is killing me, just up the road... but I do not need...
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/54903266
    They are pin blade and not quite as wide as my SRS2’s. Soooo tempting.
    wsodg97ficpk.jpeg

The seller just offered these to me again, apparently they didn’t get the $800 they thought they would get... super tempted. If I don’t pull the trigger, @daddyjt or @dolbyd I can make arrangements for you if’n you’re interested. Are there any other Utah Polkaholics on here?? I’m having a hard time justifying another pair haha!
    Current Collection: Monitor 4a (Peerless), Monitor 5B (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7b (Peerless), RTA15TL (SL3000), SDA CRS+ (194’s), SDA SRS 2.3TL, R100's, R200’s, R300 🤩
    Pairs that have passed through: Monitor 4b (Peerless), Monitor 5a (Peerless), Monitor 5b (SL1000), Monitor 5b (SL2000) (3x pair), Monitor 7b (Peerless), Modified Monitor 7c’s (194’s), Monitor 10a (Peerless), Monitor 10b (5x pair), RTA8, RTA8TL, RTA 11T, RTA12c (194's), SDA CRS, SDA 2 (2x pair), SDA 2a, SDA 2b, SDA 1b, SDA 1c, SDA SRS 2 (2x pair), SDA SRS 3.1TL (198’s) (2x pair)...and more to come, it’s a sickness.
  • FestYboy
    Keeping them in the family should be justification enough. Especially if the price is right.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Justifing, justification <- what is this???
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.