KISS them goodbye...

Options
Not at all surprised by this one. Personally I am shocked the band lasted as long as they did.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/kiss-co-founder-ace-frehley-accuses-gene-simmons-of-groping-his-wife
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    They sucked anyway.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Fun show for those that got to see the original line up. In your face rockers. Not music I personally sit back and enjoy but they sure throw down.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    all about the Benjamin's.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    all about the Benjamin's.

Ed Zachary
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
    Options
    I’m going to to see them on this tour, will be my fifth time, first time was 78-79 don’t really remember the year but was late 70’s first concert, I’m going for the shear memories, not so much of a fan of them individually, but as a band I have some very good memories, and will always have a soft spot for them in my life... Love em or Hate em they will forever be in the fabric of Rock n Roll!!
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Going to see them this Saturday. Taking my daughter and soon to be son-in-law. Told them everyone needs to see a "quintessential" rock concert at least once in their life. Old school rock, stage show, fire, pyrotechnics, theatrics, etc. Saw them when they unmasked in the 80's and was excited to "see" them. Now, I want the masked experience. Will be a fun time with my daughter!
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,129
    Options
    I saw them probably 10ish years ago, and excited to seem them again this year. It's a fun show and I'm curious to see what they've added in the era of video screens dominating set design.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Last time i saw them it was with skid row and ted nugent. I think it was late 90's or early 2000's and it was Kiss 2nd or 5th farewell tour. They seem to have had so many farewell tours i lost count. Still a fun show.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    They seem to have had so many farewell tours i lost count. Still a fun show.

I saw the Stones farewell tour....in 1982. Uhmm, still touring. J Geils Band opened for them.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    Didn't like them when they first came out, sure don't like them now.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • nikonik
    nikonik Posts: 120
    Options
    Like Erniejade mentioned, I lost interest in them after the first farewell tour. Pitdogg2 also nailed it. I also got bored of the same ol song on tour or on radio. I like the stuff that isn’t played as much and will listen to it but when they play a version with Gene’s vocals giving out, I find another type of music to listen to as I have had engough, into the fire!
  • reverb
    reverb Posts: 67
    Options
    Someone involved with KISS is/was a marketing genius! KISS-everything back in the day; records, comic books, action figures, lunch boxes... you name it. Maybe Gene and Paul, maybe someone else - I don't know but they built an empire on mediocre (sometimes decent good) rock & roll.

btw: I saw them at Littlejohn Coliseum, Clemson University back in about 1978. Was a basketball court distance away and my pant legs were being moved by the sound waves. Loudest Damn concert I have EVER been to. Likely why I can't hear above about 12K to this day... surely contributed!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I always thought Kiss was on par with any neighborhood garage band.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    Options
    They kicked off the tour in my home town of Vancouver last night, I didn't go, maybe if all the original members were there I might have been enticed.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    I just saw a video on Facebook this morning and it appeared to be Kiss on their current tour in a packed auditorium, but I have to admit I wasn't paying attention to the date of the show just took it for granted I guess that it was a current tour. Two of the guys got in lift-type arms and were lifted high up into the air all around the stadium while the crowd was singing along like crazy to "I Wanna Rock And Roll All-night! And Party Every Day!" Kiss was after my time anyway, and I didn't give a shite
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    They put on one of the better shows I have seen, but that was nearly twenty years ago, during their first farewell tour.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    KISS is a marketing gimmick....and a good one at that, but nothing more. Now King Diamond....much better marketing gimmick!😂

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    KISS is a marketing gimmick....and a good one at that, but nothing more. Now King Diamond....much better marketing gimmick!😂

Come on. You dont own a Kiss doll :)
    Randy/Maine
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    @ken brydson told me once that he collected KISS bobbleheads. Or maybe it was PEZ dispensers.