The Worst Songs Of All Time, yet we have heard them all.

2»

Comments

• Tony M wrote: »
    Was Ed Sheeran alive when Ringo Star sang his "Photograph" song?
    I don't think so. 1973?

Photograph (Ringo Starr song)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation
    Jump to search
    "Photograph"

UK picture sleeve
    Single by Ringo Starr
    from the album Ringo
    B-side
    "Down and Out"
    Released
    24 September 1973
    Format
    7-inch single
    Genre
    Rock, pop
    Length
    4:00
    Label
    Apple
    Songwriter(s)
    Richard Starkey, George Harrison
    Producer(s)
    Richard Perry
    Ringo Starr singles chronology
    "Back Off Boogaloo"
    (1972)
    "Photograph"
    (1973)
    "You're Sixteen"
    (1974)

Ringo track listing
    show
    10 tracks
    "Photograph" is a song by English musician Ringo Starr that was released as the lead single from his 1973 album Ringo. Starr co-wrote the song with George Harrison, his former bandmate from the Beatles. Although the two of them collaborated on other compositions, it is the only song officially credited to the pair. A signature tune for Starr as a solo artist, "Photograph" became an international hit, topping singles charts in the United States, Canada and Australia, and receiving gold disc certification for US sales of 1 million. Music critics have similarly received the song favourably; Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic considers it to be "among the very best post-Beatles songs by any of the Fab Four".[1]
    The lyrics are a reflection on lost love, whereby a photograph is the only reminder of the protagonists' shared past. Starr and Harrison began writing the song in the South of France in 1971, during a period when Starr was focused on developing his acting career. They first recorded "Photograph" late the following year, along with the single's B-side, "Down and Out", during sessions for Harrison's Living in the Material World album. The officially released version was recorded in Los Angeles with producer Richard Perry, and it incorporates aspects of Phil Spector's Wall of Sound through the presence of multiple drums and acoustic guitars, as well as an orchestra and a choir. Aside from Starr and Harrison, the musicians on the recording include Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keys, Jim Keltner, and Spector's musical arranger, Jack Nitzsche. Starr made a promotional film for the single, shot at his and wife Maureen Starkey's home, Tittenhurst Park.

I'm not sure I get your point. I thought you were implying that Ringo copied Ed Sheeran's song, Photograph. But if you were saying that Ringo's tribute song to George Harrison, Never Without You, was just like his own song "Photograph" from the early 70s...well, that is his prerogative. He wrote it. He didn't "borrow" it from another artist.

It's so cold here, that my brain is only running at about 25% capacity, so forgive me if I am misunderstanding what you are saying.
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Ringo Starr "All I have is a photograph"...talk about repetition of the same 6 words OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER..........

I was referring back to this post.^^^^^^^

It's also called "Photograph".

I understand the cold brain phenomenon. :) I go through times without mine being cold. Just yesterday on here as a mater of fact. Maybe this post will clear things up. :p:)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458

I totally forgot about that blasted song, thanks, thanks alot...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Tony M wrote: »
    I just looked at the lyrics and you're so right. ^^^^^^^^^ He must've ran out of words to think of. :s

Not too much depth to that songs lyrics is there. It must've taken him all of 15 minutes to write that song down.

Same with this song of his and a couple of other guys. It's JUST like Photograph! :#
    Never Without You
    Ringo Starr
    We were young, it was fun
    And we couldn't lose
    Times were right, overnight
    We were headline news
    Crazy days and reckless nights
    Limousines and bright spotlights
    We were brothers through it all
    And your song will play on without you
    And this world won't forget about you
    Every part of you was in your song
    Now we will carry on... Never Without you
    (Without you Without You) Within you without you
    Here comes the song it's about you
    Here today, not alone
    With my memories
    Life is strange how things change
    It's reality
    You played a beautiful melody
    That keeps on haunting me
    I can always feel you by my side
    Now we will carry on... Never Without you
    (Never Without You) Within you without you
    (Within you without you)
    Here comes the song it's about you
    I know all things must pass
    And only love will last
    I'll always love the memory of you and me
    Take it away Eric
    Now we will carry on...Never Without you
    (Never Without You)Within you without you
    (Within you without you)
    I think love is about you
    Songwriters: GARY NICHOLSON,MARK HUDSON,RINGO STARR
    © STARTLING MUSIC LTD C/O BRUCE V. GRAKAL,BMG Rights Management
    For non-commercial use only.
    Data from: LyricFind

At least they are lyrics. Can’t say much for the pop stuff out there today.

Not a lot of love for Bruce or Starship or other 80s songs. Personally, they don’t grind on me. I’ll listen to them if they are on the radio. Takes me back to those days.

As stated before, can’t stand today’s stuff - especially Beyoncé or JLo or anything in that genre. That stuff in general grinds me. If I have to take the time to flip the station, it means I can’t stand the song. The two mentioned artists (and I use that word very loosely) always get the radio boot.
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B
    Polk SDS 3.1TL

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    As stated before, can’t stand today’s stuff - especially Beyoncé or JLo or anything in that genre. That stuff in general grinds me. If I have to take the time to flip the station, it means I can’t stand the song. The two mentioned artists (and I use that word very loosely) always get the radio boot.

I think you are listening to the wrong radio station. :p
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Heard them all?????????Not.....and I guess it comes and stems from life events, and those that know me. know I am building quite the digital library and what it is doing for me and has done to me, is that I have learned to appreciate every song I hear or have heard with new ears I have been blessed with, (no I don't have hearing aids or need them ....YET) but this new appreciation that I have is remarkable and reading through the opinions of those in this thread sure makes me glad my ears don't hear the same thing as that of others. Some of the music I used to say I didn't like or care for, now gets a thumbs up just because I give respect to ALL artists that have taken time to set their talent out there for the world to hear. Quack quack..I am a strange duck for sure. Carry on
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    When it comes to modern music, I confess that I could see myself enjoying a lot of it, if the artist would just forget to include vocals.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    FWIW :)

Well, there is - IMO, of course - plenty of "modern music" with good vocals.
    Here're a few that fairly leap to mind.
    as always, though, de gustibus non est disputandum

https://youtu.be/BTDUDRIEifQ
    https://youtu.be/EOQ2t1af5zI
    https://youtu.be/a_9XMRE-jLE
    https://youtu.be/y21RbdCEpmY
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    edited January 2019
    Holy guacafrigginmole can anything be worse than Yoko Ono.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKEix4PXBU

I dare you to listen to this whole song...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited January 2019
    Take that *&%&*# ^^^^^ to Afghanistan and broadcast it loudly. :s:s !

Who needs water boarding when we have that %$&*&#! :s:s:'(

I think even John was having too much of it and went and told her to end asap. You can even see him grimace at one point before he went towards her ear. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    If I hear 1 more whiney-a** Maroon 5 song, I'm gonna stick a rusty ice pick into my ear drums.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Derm
    Derm Posts: 95
    edited February 2019
    ^I agree Steve. That song they did about something to do with Mick Jagger was absolutely brutal when it was released....you couldn’t get away from it on the radio.

On this Super Bowl Sunday a stinker that I associate with football is.....

Who let the dogs out? WHO?, WHO?, WHO?, WHO?, WHO?
    Speakers
    Front - LsiM707, Front presence - LsiM703, Future ATMOS - VS 700LS
    Center - LsiM706c, Rear surrounds - 80 F/X LS, VS 900LS. Sub - (pair) Klipsch R-12SW
    AVR - Yamaha RX-A3010
    AMP - NAD C275BEE
    Main HT - LG 4K 75”, Sony UBXP800M2
    Bedroom HT - LG 55" 4K, Philips BDP7501 4K UHD player , Yamaha SRT-1500 sound projector, Spare room HT LG 50” plasma, Yamaha BD-671
    Office - Pioneer X-CM56, Bose iPod dock
    In Storage - 4 - RTiA9, RtiA3, CSiA6, FXiA4, Blackstone TL1

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Thankfully, the closest thing I could find to a rusty ice-pick was a nut cracker, and luckily it wouldn't fit in my ear canal.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2