Signature S60s - Leveling Speaker (physical level, not audio)

Hi all,

I have a Polk Signature set of speakers, using S60s as my front pair. My challenge is that my floors are uneven for the first foot inward from the wall. As a result, the speakers are a little off-balance, and face slightly toward the floor. Some speakers have adjustable feet or spikes for leveling, but the S60s have fixed non-adjustable feet.

Does anyone have any suggestions for something I can attach to get these level and stable? Ideally, since this is in my living room, I don't want anything that involves putting it on an unattractive platform.

Thanks!
Living Room: Receiver - Denon AVR-X3500H, S60s, S15s, S35, HTS12
Master Bedroom - TC Electronic Konnekt 8 (PC source via ADAT), Dynaudio BM5a (powered)

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited January 2019
    Get a plinth of some type (wood, tile, granite) and put leveling feet on that? I use cutting boards, believe it or not, to raise my speakers a bit, and leveling feet could easily be installed on the bottom.

mkyoy8o3ilur.jpg
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Furniture foot cups/carpet protectors or sliders in the front. Many sizes and thicknesses are available.
    m6WtrJGb_sZIOF0nGm7ZuTg.jpg
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I've been tempted to drill the plastic feet on my s55 towers for spikes. There's not a whole lot of meat there, but I think if you added a washer against the bottom of the foot to help distribute the weight, it'd be OK.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    After market "outriggers" could be a solution, but their kinda pricey.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    It was foolish of Polk to design those without adjustable feet/spikes.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk