AUDIRVANA PLUS: THE AUDIOPHILE MUSIC PLAYER

Options
OK, I figured if I use the right name of the player everybody might know what I am talking about... :#

So does anybody know anything about this player. I was recommended to me by someone that I trust. I tried to download but I think it must need a 64bit system and my little computer is only 32bit. I can't find a direct answer about this and thought I would ask here first.

Thanks
Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"

Comments

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I have not put the research/time into my digital as many have, but my opinion is that Audirvana is a quite well thought out digital audio solution. It was, IIRC, initially a Mac-based product but I believe they have a PC/Windows 10 version.

One of the benefits is that it can maximize sonic benefits by only allowing audio processes to function using its "SysOptimizer" that channels priority to itself, disables some other processes that would compromise audio quality.

If streaming is part of what you want to do, you can do Tidal, Qobuz, HiResAudio thru it. It does all (?) formats including MQA, if that's a thing for you.

Some companies have partnered with Audirvana for assured streaming compatibility. I noted in looking at DSkip's N orthstar CD player/streamer in the FM (forgive me if my terminology is incorrect) that Audirvana was their preferred software for Mac users.

Bottom line is I use it, although not to its fullest potential, and I'm pretty happy with it. I think it's a quality option that's highly supported (lots of updates, improvements, etc.). I'm sure that there are other equally good and some better options as well. I just happened to have a Mac laptop available and I went with ease of compatibility.

Edit: If you have a iphone/ipad there's an app to control, browse, create playlists, etc. Costs a few bucks, I believe.
    Post edited by agfrost on
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,473
    Options
    Thanks ag.

It is now available for Win10 along with a phone app for control.

Do you know if it will work on a 32bit system or do you know where I can find that info. I seem to be going around in circles with no answer.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    This video mentions different drivers for 32-bit vs. 64-bit machines. Not sure if the video's content helps or not; let me know if/how you progress.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0