Now I know why Frank Zappa and John Lennon are dead

Playground Psychotics.The album also includes a live session with John Lennon and Yoko Ono. nuff said

Comments

• stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    What??
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    @stretchl I just got back to my FZ chronological listening (I have all of his albums) and got back to "Playground Psychotics" and was disgusted that Frank recorded Yoko much less released it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bxwaNUVHQQ
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Could be they had a vision of this post at felt the future is hopeless
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Never saw Frank in concert, could’ve several times but I was “too busy.” Big regrets. Listened to Zoot Allures all the time in college, along with everything else Zappa I could get my grubby little hands on. Speaking of John and Yoko, I’m reading a biography named The Lives Of John Lennon, and right now he’s discussing that witch Y.O.
  • afterburnt
    rpf65 wrote: »
    Could be they had a vision of this post at felt the future is hopeless

A mystic maybe? You do know the future is hopeless, don't cha?
  • dromunds
    Whenever you can’t sleep out this on

qbntlahhwl1t.jpeg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited January 2019
    Two clairvoyants meet each other on the street.

"You're fine" says one to the other, "how am I?"

• dromunds
    Above should read Put this on. I hate spellcheck.

Anyway, when in the history of the earth were satin hot pants (or whatever those pumpkin colored things the witch Ono has on) considered in fashion?
  • afterburnt
    "But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel in hot pants"
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Seeing Zappa off the Joe's Garage tour at the sports Arena in San Diego real close to the stage made me the man I am today. I often spend a good long listening session of Zappa to clear the mind. I tell you what though I kind of liked the Kiss Kiss Kiss me tune Yoko contributed to Starting over but that's it.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • dromunds
    Is Kiss Kiss Kiss Me the one where she does the fake ****?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    edited January 2019
    Nope... that was the real deal. Russ was there, or so I’ve been told. :s
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    dromunds wrote: »
    Is Kiss Kiss Kiss Me the one where she does the fake ****?

https://youtu.be/N8n7I8SJsLs
    :o
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)