Beer o’clock.

Friday night and first beer since last Saturday. Time to relax and listen to some tunes. Starting out with my Metal playlist on random shuffle.

3ookeaaouky9.png
Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Love the thread title... might I be so bold as to suggest we hijack the thread and use it as the new "Bluefox kind of Friday Night" thread?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Fine by me. Keep it clean. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    BlueFox wrote: »

I prefer unfiltered beers...
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    I prefer the clean brightness of good jazz.

And good hops.

• nooshinjohn
    A little dirty never hurt anyone...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    It’s about time we got another BFFN thread going. Got done working out a couple of hours ago jamming to one of my workout playlists that contains quite a bit of metal. It’s Brewski Time……I mean Beer o’clock Fox Night!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • BlueFox
    Thorton, good job. Exercise is crucial to enjoying life, and all it holds. I made it to the gym three days this week. Haven’t done that since July. I also do a 45 minute light weight and stretching workout every morning before work. My b u t t is dragging now. Hope I get a second wind so as to be able to appreciate Friday night. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477

Well now you just went and poo poo'd the party :#:#

So no pie pictures :*:*
  • Thorton
    Fox, I couldn’t agree more with you. 2018 was a pretty rough year for me health wise. It seemed like one thing after another. Probably a lot of this was the result of over working and stress. My 2019 goal is to get my butt back in shape and strong again. I never try to overdue it but I’m at 20 days straight now. Some days I just do light stretching and walking similar to you. It’s a lifestyle and in the end, it definitely makes you feel better everyday when you start getting older in age. It also makes the beer taste a little better as a weekend reward.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
  • BlueFox
    Thorton, glad you are getting better. As the saying goes, Health is all you have. I had a stroke in August, and it knocked me for a loop. To say the least. The good part is because of that I got laid off in October with a general RIF. The bad part is they want me to work until the end of April to finish things up. Granted I am getting a $70K lay-off payout, but I am tired of working, and high-tech. Anyway, take care, and listen to music. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Thorton
    Compared to having a stroke (with the risk, complications and recovery), I’d say my problems are not that bad. It’s sucks getting older but I’m still about 10-15 years younger than you so who knows what’s in store for me. I’m glad you’ve seemed to made it through everything and getting back to normal. April will be here before you know it. Here’s an early Congratulations. You’ve earned it and you’ve got a great system to enjoy the music with in retirement.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited January 2019
    Rollin' dirty tonight...
    phnh19od21xw.jpg
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    I am getting a $70K lay-off payout

Dayum! That is almost enough for a TOTL Shunyata power cord!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    dang John, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Picked up a bottle of Four Roses on sale. My exercise routine is put an album on and work out the Total Gym. Do cool off stretches, put another album on and pour a few fingers in the Glencairn glass, sit back and reward myself. Good for any night of the week.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • BlueFox
    A couple of hours to go before Saturday night beer time. The stereo has been on since Thursday night, and is warmed up and sounding good. Be glad when I retire the end of April so that I can be flexible with beer and music. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I akways thought it was Beer 30 ;)
  • Thorton
    2 hours of paintball with my family today. First time we've done this. We all had a blast. It's definitely BF Beer o'clock and music time.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited February 2019
    Woke to frigid temps this morning and 5 inches of fresh snow. To my surprise our base closed due to inclement weather for the first time in years, but I was planning to telework anyway.

Now the work day is done, finished dinner, and it’s beer thirty. :)

Music or Movie? It’s a tough decision.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    Tubes are glowin, and soon the beer will be flowin. I am going to pick up some new vinyl right now and take the Goldfinger V2 for an extended spin.

• BlueFox
    Two hours to go for me. Been a long week. Can't wait.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox
    Just opened number 1, first since Saturday. Marilyn Manson currently playing, and all is fine on Friday night.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Wine o'clock here... just cracked the 2 bottle of Beaujolais. First one went down too fast. Oh and I'm not alone.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Willow wrote: »
    Wine o'clock here... just cracked the 2 bottle of Beaujolais. First one went down too fast. Oh and I'm not alone.

Sally and Rosie palmer don't count JF
  • BlueFox
    I haven’t had wine for awhile even though I have hundreds of bottles waiting. It does seem easier to consume a lot of wine, but then whamo. It hits. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    11 year old daughters bday slumber party here. Not exactly relaxing but I did sneak a glass of wine...they asked for Ariana grande on the rig. I literally don’t think I’ve ever heard one of her songs lol but tidal/roon to the rescue!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I haven’t had wine for awhile even though I have hundreds of bottles waiting. It does seem easier to consume a lot of wine, but then whamo. It hits. :)

That's some good wine then. ;)

I used to like home made dandelion wine. An old moonshine runner got a few gallons and let me have some. It was smooth and refreshing. He warned me sternly to only drink about 8 to 12 oz.s per 2 or 3 hours. That was just right! :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueFox
    I belonged to an online wine club for a few years, so every three months I would get 12 bottles. When I first joined I even ordered extras, but as it started to accumulate I stopped the extras, and then eventually quit it. I guess I will attack it when I retire in three months, or sell it. :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    11 year old daughters bday slumber party here. Not exactly relaxing but I did sneak a glass of wine...they asked for Ariana grande on the rig. I literally don’t think I’ve ever heard one of her songs lol but tidal/roon to the rescue!

We had 2 kids sleeping over last weekend didn't stop us from enjoying a couple , four or five glasses. We are done for the night, skating lessons tomorrow for the kids so we have to at least be in shape to tie the skates 😉
  • nooshinjohn
    What a fun recording.
    6c5lazs54mu6.jpg

• Thorton
    Beer numero uno! Happy Friday. Tunes are starting.