Neil Young solo acoustic

Options
Neil is a total professional. I saw him about ten years ago solo acoustic and it was a top five concert of all time. Tonight he did not disappoint. He’s only playing Milwaukee, Madison and Minneapolis on this solo acoustic tour. 20 below zero tonight and Neil says,’”When’s winter coming?”

lllompgydvif.jpeg

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Oh my, how did I miss this? Hope you had a great time!
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    I like him very much too, but have never seen him in concert.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    I hope you enjoyed yourself , Neil is doing 3 shows in Minneapolis I believe the 26th 27th and 28th.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,981
    Options
    I was front row balcony right in the middle and the sound was absolutely superb. Neil solo acoustic is something else and he still delivers the goods. Voice is still great and he played really well also. Anybody in the Twin Cities that can pick up a ticket will not be disappointed. The other thing was nobody was talking or yelling out song titles which seems to be a phenomenon these days, and I heard some of that was going on in Milwaukee the night before. Last night, you could hear a pin drop most of the show. Great concert.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Options
    I seen him solo about 20 years ago. Great show indeed. Not many can pull that off alone.
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Wow, that is like a bucket list experience there.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • reverb
    reverb Posts: 67
    Options
    I don't really care for most of his music but I gotta say that I admire that he has always done things the way HE wanted to do them. A true original and uncompromising to his values and artistry.