Rear speaker pairings for RTIA9 and Denon X4300H receiver with 5.2.4 setup

Options
Currently have 2 RTIA9 for the L/R channel, 200W CSI A6 for the front channel, but keep blowing up my 2 rear channel speakers (3rd party) that were rated at 90W, but must not be.

Are there any low profile speakers that are not in-wall that would go well with this setup?

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    My guess is that you’re clipping your receiver, and luckily only blowing the surrounds lol. That is a nice receiver but NO recover can power those lcr speakers...you need a 2 channel amp for the mains imho...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Low profile speakers for polk main channels is basically a challenge. You can look at maybe flat response speakers from other brands. Most speaker brands have a sonic signature. I'm thinking you should check out Definitive Technology Mythos Series low profile speakers like the Mythos 9's or even the XTR series like the XTR-60. These might be a very good fit.
    I gotta tell you I'm not a fan of mixing and matching brands. If your running RTIA main channel speakers I strongly suggest going with RT in walls for a low profile other then on walls. I don't know why you can't go in wall for surrounds.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Either dan or I misinterpreted the question lol...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • benf35
    benf35 Posts: 2
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thanks for the comments - the only reason that I shy away from in walls is that the placement is a bit more permanent that anchor mounted speakers, with a 6 or 8 inch hole left if I ever decide to adjust the speaker placement.

I may just go this route though - if Polk Audio doesn't have any low profile.

Amazon does have some low profile Polk Audio OWM3 On-Wall speakers rated at 100W, but for in wall, the Polk Audio 65-RT In-Wall Speaker seems to be my best bet rated at 125W. Do these need enclosures?
    Post edited by benf35 on