Relisted FS: Benchmark DAC2L Preamp/DAC

For sale:

Benchmark DAC2L (black) w/remote Retail ($1795.00)
Excellent condition, NO flaws
NOTE: The "L" has no headphone amp
HT bypass
2 sets of analog outputs (subwoofer gang) 1 set of XLR out
2 sets of analog inputs (vinyl lovers apply)
5 digital inputs; 2 coax, 2 toslink, 1 USB

Reviews are plenty, specs all over the web, once again Class "A" on Stereophile; in the words of John Atkinson "The DAC2's measured performance is simply superb" so I won't drone on about how great this DAC2/PRE is. I have used it in Preamp mode, as well as its predecessor, the DAC/PRE. This was purchased direct from Benchmark Media.

$700 Shipped. Conus only

edwptrhnzjsa.jpg

hfeao7umta18.jpg

Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Are you doing it? Underwood if so?
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Yep.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Sweet. Underwood just released a new list. Price went up $100 but I bet if you call you might get a better deal.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,966
    I am sooo tempted...how does sound with the PSBs Steve? I have the bookies that I have thought about moving from the bedroom to the living and could pair with this...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2019
    Sounds great; the mixture of the accuracy of the DAC2L with the slight warmth of the PSB's works to their strengths. Hard to pass up at over $1,000 OFF.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,516
    nice DAC that would go really good w/ their AMP. (unsurprisingly)
    An open box at Music direct right now...
    https://www.musicdirect.com/power-amp/benchmark-ahb2-power-amplifier-black-demo
    for a great little 100 watt system.
    GLWTS
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    How old is the unit?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • steveinaz
    I think 3-4yrs old? Let me see if I can find the original receipt.
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2019
    This is SOLD.
  • steveinaz
    edited January 2019
    The stars have aligned. LOL My new avatar is dead-on.
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,510
    Which came first, the sale or the avatar? Congrats, I was giving this a hard look.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,966
    maxward wrote: »
    Which came first, the sale or the avatar? Congrats, I was giving this a hard look.

Me too. Congrats!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,432
    steveinaz wrote: »
    The stars have aligned. LOL My new avatar is dead-on.

Aaaah! Saw the new avatar and was just about to PM you to purchase...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus