Iphone Apps

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,032
Ok so now you can't manage your apps in iTunes anymore? What the hell! Apple use to be the company that just added new features now they keep taking things away.
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    Did you just recently update iTunes by chance? I noticed this in 2017, and had to install an older version of iTunes to get it back.

But yeah, you're right, it's gone, and not sure why they'd remove that feature.
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    edited January 2019
    The version I'm running is 12.4.3.1
    I'm not sure whether it supports the newest iOS. I was using this setup to manage user devices where they had apps all over the $%*# place, and it was too slow managing from the device itself.

I think you can get previous versions here if you want to try this. I'm not sure I'd trust downloading previous versions of software from other sites.
    https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

Here's another article for some incidental info on that shift. It's from 2017.
    https://lifehacker.com/what-to-do-now-that-you-can-t-sync-ios-apps-using-itune-1809941947
    I disabled signatures.
  • TutuApp version will help you with this. It's amazing. You cannot ignore on TutuAppPlus
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Desmond, is that you?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Is he a spammer?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Yes he is.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • msg
    I was just playing around with an old iPhone and remembered this post about not being able to manage iTunes apps anymore with newer versions.

Just wanted to share that iTunes version 12.6.5.3 allows you to manage apps, and works with iOS 13.1, the latest version at time of this post.

You can download these versions of iTunes from the support article page here:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208079

(I'm still an Android user, primarily, but Apple's got its benefits too. I like some of the apps like Camera+, etc.)
    I disabled signatures.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    Thanks man.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • msg
    edited January 2020
    Sho' fing, mang.
    Pretty handy. Works on iPad, too.

I have automatic updates turned off on everything with the way new updates break functionality these days.

I was a little concerned that 12.6.5.3 wouldn't work with newer iOS. Moving forward, I'll be reading release notes to make sure any new iOS still works with iTunes 12.6.5.3.
    I disabled signatures.