Polk T90e near silent tweeter.

Options
I have two Polk T90e's with tweeters that are near silent. I thought it might be blown capacitors, but after taking both crossovers out of both towers, all of the capacitors appear to be pristine. Does anyone know what might be the problem?
Here's a youtube link for the problem, I mention that one of the capacitors appears a little lifted off, but there's no adhesive separation and the capacitor is very solidly connected, and I don't believe that that capacitor is involved with the tweeter anyways, so I don't think that could be it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IvUOWwNhw0&t=14s

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    You cooked the tweeters or burned up some resistors or both, but the resistors look ok, so I suspect the tweeters. Pull one out and connect it directly to the speaker cable. Turn on your rig at a very low volume, it should play louder than what it did in your video.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk