polk command bar loud clicking noise when turning off tv.

Options
polk command bar makes a loud clicking popping noise when the power is turned off on my tv/cable box. The noise will not stop until i turn the tv/cable box back on. I returned the first command bar thinking something was wrong with it. The second one does the same thing.
TV Vizio 70 inch with arc hdmi port.
Charter cable box
fire tv hooked to the fire port on the command bar

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Let me ask a friend at Polk about this.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Polk's response:
    "This sounds like a unique issue with his set up because we’ve never encountered this issue before. He can try disconnecting the Cable box and turn the TV on and back off and see if the issue persists. Also unplug the FireTV from the bar to remove that variable. This will tell us if there’s something going on with the TV while it is off.

Does he have another TV he can try with?"
  • miwajo
    miwajo Posts: 2
    Options
    Ill try some of the suggestions. The other day I came back home and the unit was doing the same thing. Loud clinking noise, and before I left I wasn't watching tv.. I unplugged the unit and haven't plug it back in. The fire TV I have plugged in is the old square box system not the stick. The box has its own power plug that's the first item I'll remove.
  • benoitweber
    Options
    I have the exact same issue. Loud buzzing from the speaker almost every single time we turn the TV off. Noise will not stop until we turn TV back on. My setup is Vizio TV with ARC HDMI port. Fire TV is NOT plugged in the sound bar. It's as straight forward as it gets. Help?
  • jetgjr
    Options
    I have the same issue. Extremely loud clicking noise for about 15 seconds after the Tv is turned off. This is using a Vizio TV HDMI Arc port. Any answers ???
  • spartan10
    Options
    This has been happening to me for about 2 weeks and the soundbar is only a month old. I am connected to a Vizio tv.
  • joshuaworth
    Options
    Same issue here Dish Wally and Sony TV. Hey Polk it would be nice if we could get a fix for this issue
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,683
    edited April 2020
    Options
    *holds breath*

EDIT: Alright, how did this 5-day-old post bump this thread to the top of the "Recent Discussions" page? :o
  • rae
    rae Posts: 1
    Options
    Same thing has been happening to me for about 6 months now. Scares you to death at night after you turn off the tv to go to bed! It finally did it one last time for an eternity, I had to go and manually push the power button on the sound bar. Now it doesn’t work at all. This is a fairly new bar I bought from the Dish installation installation guy. How do I get it replaced?
  • MattShaw24
    MattShaw24 Posts: 1
    Options
    New user here. I just got Polk Command bar. Same thing but it’s when I Turn my TV ON. Super loud buzzing, clicking, annoying zzzzzddddddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddddbbbrrrrrrrrr ddddsdddddssssZzzzzzzz sound
    Vizio 65”
    Using HDMI ARC

I have to shut off tv and in plug sound bar to make it stop
  • dlgriffin111
    Options
    I have this same problem with Dish Polk Audio system. Scares the #$%^ out of you at times. Happens when we turn on our TV. VIZIO 65". It happens when the Joey is off. If we click over to Netflix real quick it goes away. We go back to DISHJoey input, and then DISH turns on and everything works. It is definitely the sound bar reacting with DISH. We have disconnected the sound bar and used the TV speakers and it never happens. Not sure why Joey is not responding to DISH remote when we turn everything on. Like I said - happens when DISH Joey is OFF.
  • modonoghue
    Options
    I’ve been having the same problem. It started shortly after I purchased and installed the system so I haven’t used it for a couple years but wanted to try again the other day. Unfortunately the problem didn’t fix itself. Has anyone found a fix?