Lots of stuff for sale

mlistens03
mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
edited December 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I've made a plan to move into a higher playing field of audio than I am in right now, due to a thread by Mister Pig at AK, saying if you sold everything and started over, what could you do?

And you can see where this is going. So, I am selling almost every piece of equipment that I own, Partly to save space, partly to help fund a mission trip in Spring 2019, and partly to move into the higher playing field I mentioned before.

Boston Acoustics VR2: These are great relatively small tower speakers. They can produce an almost full range of sound, with a 1-inch tweeter, 4-inch midrange, and dual 6 1/2 inch woofers. Lean to the brighter side of things. They work perfectly, and look almost as nice, with a single spot of paint on the bottom left side of the cabinet, minor scratches, which are few and far between, and one crack in the frame in each grill. One grill also has a small hole on the top right side. $300

Boston Acoustics PV500: This is a nice, small, musical subwoofer that I really like. I believe it is servo controlled, and it is real quick. The amp and driver both work perfectly, and everything is great cosmetically. The potentiometers have been cleaned. $125

NAD C352: Cosmetically very clean, with only worn off paint around the faceplate corners. Nice integrated, with lots of current and a bunch of inputs. $300

Monitor Audio Radius 90s: These are one of the few things I am actually sad to see go. They are in excellent cosmetic shape, with a couple very light scratches from normal use. they also come with stands, which are darn near perfect. The stands have the original box. Also have all manuals, wall mounting hardware, etc. One tweeter has been popped in by the grill, but came back out, and still works and sounds fine. (The grills are removed with a hook, and tend to go sideways if you aren't careful when removing them.) I cannot stress how much I really like these speakers, they really are stellar little guys. $300

Shipping is not available as of right now.

There will be more added in the future as I swap out parts of my temporary system to keep my listening to music.

If I'm asking too much for something, let me know, and I'll take care of it.
Micah

Comments

• mlistens03
    bc3n1po6clur.jpg
    xbvf7gqtto1e.jpg
    jbpdp98zpeiz.jpg
    9w12rep4abky.jpg
    9uc68jmgotud.jpg
    xxyhhxsbs5t7.jpg
    6t6qfswq3yjr.jpg
    cf0czb88hyjq.jpg
    qmtcvhmqibfd.jpg
    Working on taking pics of what is left as we speak.
    (note: the second set of cables in the NAD is running to a powered subwoofer, not a second set of speakers, just in case that concerned anyone.)
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    You may want to go a different direction, but since you like the MA 90s so much, if you wanted to build toward that signature there's a Radius 180 center and another set of 90s for sale in my area that appear reasonable. Those and a couple of matching mains (towers?) would put you in quite a nice 7.1. I could assist/enable. >:)
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/d/monitor-audio-radius-360/6762682934.html
    No affiliation.

GLWTS and the mission trip! o:)
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mlistens03
    edited December 2018
    CGTIII wrote: »
    You may want to go a different direction, but since you like the MA 90s so much, if you wanted to build toward that signature there's a Radius 180 center and another set of 90s for sale in my area that appear reasonable. Those and a couple of matching mains (towers?) would put you in quite a nice 7.1. I could assist/enable. >:)
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/d/monitor-audio-radius-360/6762682934.html
    No affiliation.

GLWTS and the mission trip! o:)

Thanks for the suggestion!
    While this does seem like a good deal, I'm wanting to stick with 2 channel, effectively getting a fresh start. I want to get AQ cables, Dali Oberon 3s (or something else, still not quite sure on this yet), and a Marantz PM6006. I'd stick with my current TT. Then 10% of all money earned towards our mission trip, and the rest saved.
    Thanks for the idea, and the offer to enable me. :)
  • mlistens03
    edited December 2018
    I think my pricing on the Monitors is off. How about $225?
    Also, I just realized that it looks like the review I wrote for the Monitors was written for this sale, but it was not. I wrote that review before I had even thought about doing this, and it is a 100% accurate representation of how much I like these speakers. I apologize for any misunderstanding.
    And before someone has to ask me again because I always forget to mention this, I am located about 45 minutes out of Orlando FL.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    If the Dali Oberon 3s are as good to your ear as the reviewers', that sounds like a really nice choice.

You're welcome.
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mlistens03
    6l8stamquo0v.jpeg
    hn5bkpwq6io7.jpeg
    bsccy3nt0x17.jpeg
    wz0msljo15gd.jpeg
    u36wipyem2t2.jpeg
    47ukzqir9asx.jpeg
    oxmfv3voy1ih.jpeg
    icutx3xjeu8x.jpeg
    jjv33znv3u7e.jpeg
    puu8nut3p7uc.jpeg
    Pics of the Monitors. I may not get to the Bostons until tomorrow.
    Micah
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Hey Micha, GLWTS!

Just a suggestion for you. I saw your ad on CL. You might want to take out the dates you will be on Vacation. You dont want people knowing that you will be gone for a month. Thieves love when people advertise when the house will be empty. Take care man!
  • mlistens03
    CH46E wrote: »
    Hey Micha, GLWTS!

Just a suggestion for you. I saw your ad on CL. You might want to take out the dates you will be on Vacation. You dont want people knowing that you will be gone for a month. Thieves love when people advertise when the house will be empty. Take care man!

Good idea! I’ll take care of that when I’m on my computer. I think CL gives them like a mile radius, so hopefully that’s large enough to keep anyone wanting to from trying.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I didn’t even think about tht! :)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    All they have to do is ask when they can meet up to demo the gear.

Be safe buddy.
  • mlistens03
    edited December 2018
    Taken care of. :)
    Thanks!

For anyone who may be interested in the Bostons, we are going to leave on vacation pretty quick here and I'm not sure if I'll have time to take pictures of them before we go. I can try to make it happen if anyone would specifically like pictures of them. :)
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I dont put my home address in at all. I use my zip code. Gives them a good enough idea without giving it all away.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Yes Micah do NOT put addy or phone number. They can email you with their number (shows they are really interested) and you can go from there.

Honestly it’s going to be difficult to sell a lot of this stuff at decent prices local only. eBay or other national sites and offering shipping is the only way to get a good price unless you are in New York, Houston, Dallas, LA, etc. When someone mentioned selling everything and starting over, there were not considering your specific situation. I know at your age and without a car or license shipping is hard, but I am just trying to offer realistic advice...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mlistens03
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Yes Micah do NOT put addy or phone number. They can email you with their number (shows they are really interested) and you can go from there.

Honestly it’s going to be difficult to sell a lot of this stuff at decent prices local only. eBay or other national sites and offering shipping is the only way to get a good price unless you are in New York, Houston, Dallas, LA, etc. When someone mentioned selling everything and starting over, there were not considering your specific situation. I know at your age and without a car or license shipping is hard, but I am just trying to offer realistic advice...

Yep, I know. With what I want to buy, I can sell everything at pretty low prices (The kind of thing that would probably end up in the deal of the day thread), which should hopefully get things moved. And by the time everything is gone, I should have 1 1/2 times as much as I need, so not everything needs to sell in theory.

Which brings me to price lowering:
    Boston PV500: $100
    Boston VR2s: $250
    NAD C352: Gonna need this for now, no longer for sale, but I'll probably put it back up in the future.
    Monitor Audio R90s: $250
  • mlistens03
    I'm ready for this stuff to be gone.
    Boston PV500: removed as I'll need that
    Boston VR2s: $100
    Monitor R90s: $100
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Hey, weren't you selling some missions?
  • mlistens03
    No, although I do own a pair. I talk about selling the a lot, but every time I change my mind quickly. They don't only sound good, but they also are sentimental, being my first good speakers.
    Besides, the previous owner trashed them cosmetically so they have little value.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    OMG are you finally back from your vacation?!
  • mlistens03
    Clipdat wrote: »
    OMG are you finally back from your vacation?!

Yep. It's been a while since I've really had much time to be online. :)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Seriously, longest vacation in the history of mankind.
  • mlistens03
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Seriously, longest vacation in the history of mankind.

Well, we were going to Norway and visiting family we haven't seen in four years, so we wanted to have lots of time to spend with them.
    And when our family does vacation, we go all out. :p
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Good place to have family. ;)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Eh terrible food...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mlistens03
    Eh terrible food...

Not really. for the most part, it is all quite good, if a little weird at first. except for grot. (that is not how it is spelled; it uses an o with a line through it, but I can't figure out how to type it.)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    bc3n1po6clur.jpg
    xbvf7gqtto1e.jpg
    jbpdp98zpeiz.jpg
    9w12rep4abky.jpg
    9uc68jmgotud.jpg
    xxyhhxsbs5t7.jpg
    6t6qfswq3yjr.jpg
    cf0czb88hyjq.jpg
    qmtcvhmqibfd.jpg
    Working on taking pics of what is left as we speak.
    (note: the second set of cables in the NAD is running to a powered subwoofer, not a second set of speakers, just in case that concerned anyone.)
    I miss Boston Acoustics. That sub is a nice little guy who really works well with the Micro 90 system. God those where the days.

Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Eh terrible food...

Not really. for the most part, it is all quite good, if a little weird at first. except for grot. (that is not how it is spelled; it uses an o with a line through it, but I can't figure out how to type it.)

If you're as lazy as I, you either copy and paste from the internet or use, e.g., MSWord to do it.

Thus:

grøt (copied from http://mylittlenorway.com/2014/11/traditional-norwegian-grot/ )

It looks good to me, btw.
  • mlistens03
    My mom loves it, the rest of us tolerated it. ;)
    It is certainly not bad, but it is still never something I want to eat again. Think about oatmeal, but made with rice, and much thicker, with cinnamon and butter. :)
  • mhardy6647
    Sounds like a risotto variant; I love risotto. :)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I love rommegrot, yeah buddy!
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2019
    dromunds wrote: »
    I love rømmegrøt, yeah buddy!

fixed it for you ;)
    https://www.afarmgirlsdabbles.com/rommegrot/