GA meetup

I am very interested in hosting a small Audio gathering at my house in Buford GA. Just wanted to see if there was any interest out there. I know that @BlueBirdMusic , @CGTIII and some others on here are from GA. I just don’t know if there’s any interest for it?

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    If it was on a weekend, I'd be down...

Maybe @treitz3 too huh?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Oh wow. Trey you are in GA?
  • VR3
    I'm only 3 hours away
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I'm in Nashville and interested in a meet. ATL is my old stomping grounds.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    No worries. I can pick Trey up, strap him to my hood and tell the local folk, "Hey, Ya'll watch'is!"

(Or he can just pick me up, whichever is easier)

My version sounds better though, don't you think?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,022
    Very interested. Thank you. Any dates in mind yet?
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • joecoulson
    Was just seeing if there was interest. Glad there is!
    Obviously a weekend would be best.
    Maybe sometime late February or early March?
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    I'm in NC/VA. Tom might let me ride in the back of his truck.....Trey smells like disappointment and bad decisions.
  • I am interested too.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • joecoulson
    This sounds like we might have a nice little group going. I do want to say that I have two young kids and a wife that will probably go out for the day, but we are not party people and unfortunately I would probably cut it short to an early evening. I envision this being a nice mid day hang out session on a Saturday. Maybe like 11-4 or something. I would provide food, and I have a green egg so it would be very good food… But I don’t think we would be bringing the house down with a keg or two.
  • lightman1
    I'm out.....

;) kidding
  • joecoulson
    Russ your reputation precedes you sir
  • jdjohn
    BYOB? I can bring tequila ;)

JK, certainly not a deal-breaker.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • joecoulson
    Sorry to be a square but have to leave the opportunity open for further visits. If we party, pretty much will be the last at my house lol. Thank You for understanding.
  • CGTIII
    Planning to go to the Florida Audio Expo, so my first chance in Feb-Mar would be the second weekend after that, Feb 23rd.

Green Egg would be excellent. Ed Fisher was a client long ago. :-)

Not much of a beer person but glad to be one assigned something else. Potato salad or slaw perhaps?

• joecoulson
    I personally don’t drink so the BYOB is in effect if it’s a must but not necessary I think.
    I would probably do a Pork butt on the egg if everyone likes that. Others could chip into sides.
    More specifics we can get into after a head count
    Would love to share in some music, chat and possibly even gear trials if possible. Meaning I only have the one main rig but if someone wants to try a certain swap in my setup or visa versa that would be really cool.
    Feb 23rd or after would be a good place to start.
  • joecoulson
    Alright.
    How about 3/1/2019?
    Will that work for all who are interested?
  • CGTIII
    Probably good.

• lightman1
    I'll be in between contracts. Perfect!
  • joecoulson
    @BlueBirdMusic @VR3 @jdjohn @treitz3 how does that date work for you guys?
  • treitz3
    You do know...we usually hold these on the weekends to minimize work impact. Some folks work for a living. Any objection to holding it on a Saturday?

If not, VR3 and I will have to see how our work schedule goes...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • joecoulson
    My apologies. I did actually mean 3/2 (Saturday)
    Wouldn’t think a weekday would work for anyone.
  • treitz3
    Ah, understood. That should be doable for both Trey and I, regardless of who is strapped to the hood of the car.

You have toothpicks, right?

Tom
  • VR3
    Should be good
  • joecoulson
    Lol! I will get some.
    I’ve got it on the calendar. We’ll get food plans nailed down the week prior. Should be great!!
  • jdjohn
    I was wondering about that date being on a Friday. Yeah, 3/2 should work for me.
  • I have March 2 on my calendar. Food is alright by me.
    Harry Jones
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • joecoulson
    edited January 2019

If I could have the family spend the night elsewhere, I would say of course. Not sure that could happen this time around.
  • JPete
    JPete Posts: 295
    I'm in N.GA, right outside Chattanooga. Is this dead in the water or still on?
    Lexicon RT-10, Parasound P5, McCormack DNA 0.5, Polk SDA CRS+, SVS Sub
    Schiit Modi, Luminous Audio Axiom II, McCormack DNA-1, Digital Phase AP 2
    Marantz AV7701, Emotiva XPA-5, Paradigm 11se Mkii, DCM Time Windows, NHT 2C, SVS Sub

Spares - Kenwood C1 Pre, NAD 2200PE, Polk Monitor 10B, Polk Model 11, other odds and ends