Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" SACD being reissued

2»

Comments

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Looks like I get it Thursday.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I was supposed to receive mine on Wednesday. However, it came in today. First listen sounds great.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Glad you guys posted, I found my order was inadvertently canceled. wtoba5o2a0gi.jpg
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    dr1978 wrote: »
    Got mine! Good night for a late night listening session.

Luckily it popped out of the case no problem.

Go to know they fixed the problem.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• joecoulson
    What the French toast? Mines delayed now..
  • joecoulson
    Behemoth says I should get it Tomorrow now
  • adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    I bought mine the first time around, love it. Actually the only SACD I own.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I prefer the Mastersound gold CD over the SACD. The SACD doesn't have the energy of the gold CD.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Marfly
    Marfly Posts: 66
    I got the first SACD when it was released a few years ago. Before that was my Sony Master Sound copy. I heard a lot of good things about the 2016 Bernie Grundman remasters so I pulled the trigger on a few Floyd vinyl reissues. The SACD sounds very good, but IMO, the BG reissue sounds better.
  • joecoulson
    The vinyls are outstanding. Very good pressings and some of the best new pressings I have. Sans the Nirvana Unplugged one- that takes the cake.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Received mine today. From Music Direct. Well packaged. :)
    7dvv1ccl63t5.jpg
    jsd8scjcpbck.jpg
  • joecoulson
    Sounds great doesn’t it? Listened to it last night.
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Great tip! Thank you for the heads up - ordered one this morning!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Sounds great doesn’t it? Listened to it last night.

Still in it's shrink-wrap, will probably give it a listen over the weekend. Glad you're enjoying yours. :)
  • reverb
    reverb Posts: 67
    Jeeze, I wonder how much PF has made of JUST ME for the last 40 years :* I think I have about 40 FP albums... obviously a couple of dupes.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    reverb wrote: »
    Jeeze, I wonder how much PF has made of JUST ME for the last 40 years :* I think I have about 40 FP albums... obviously a couple of dupes.

I'm not that saturated in PF recordings BUT...I think there are millions of us who have plenty of their albums in our collections. Maybe the most of any artist or band in our collections!

I just thought about the Rolling Stones fans and the Kinks fans too. The beatles come to mind and then there is Alan Parson albums too.

Oh well, Pink Floyd has stayed steady for all these years with putting out many albums for us to enjoy!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • joecoulson
    For me, there is no better classic rock to test audiophile systems with.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Keep me posted on when the SACD version of The Shaggs' Philosophy of the World ships, 'K?

:)

https://youtu.be/jQqK1CjE9bA

PS Please, please, please don't tell me that there really, actually is an SACD version of Philosophy of the World. :|