SR1 surround speakers only emit static sound when synchronized w Polk Magnifi Max soundbar

Options
krzlmk
krzlmk Posts: 3
edited January 2019 in Troubleshooting
The SR1 speakers only emit static sounds when synchronized with the Polk Audio Max soundbar and base unit. (Synchronized process performed several times)

The Polk Audio Max soundbar has been connected to the internet for days with a known working network cable (tested with another internet device).

The soundbar is supposed to update firmware when connected to the internet.

Polk MagniFi Max:
- System Firmware 103
- Cast firmware 1.21.75965

1. Help to remove the static.
2. Do I have the latest firmware?
3. If I don’t have the latest firmware, help update the unit to the latest firmware.
- Google Home indicates the MagniFi Max is connected to WiFi, but clicking the 3 dots in the upper right corner doesn’t give the option to update firmware. The only options available were “Feedback” and “Open Source License”.
Post edited by krzlmk on

Best Answer

• krzlmk
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The SR1 speakers worked correctly after performing the following:
    1. Disconnecting all cables (including power) - needs to be done
    2. Performing the above actions
    3. Syncing all speakers (with only power to the soundbar).
    4. Connecting an HDMI device
    5. Testing the soundbar 5.1 capabilities.

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Let me pose this to a friend at Polk.
  • krzlmk
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Appreciated.

The wireless router also identifies the MagniFi Max as being connected to the internet.

In Google Home, another location that is supposed to indicate firmware update capabilities indicates only “Help” and “Feedback”.
    r241z9q2a81l.png
    Post edited by krzlmk on
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Let’s confirm that everything is up to date:

a) Unplug power from sound bar, subwoofer and surrounds
    b) Plug in sound bar, wait for bar to boot - orange led will stop flashing when boot completes
    c) Press Power button on the sound bar – furthest right LED should illuminate Orange
    d) Press Mute on the bar – LED should now pulse white indicating Mute
    e) Plug in subwoofer and surrounds and confirm the LED on the back of the units is solid green
    f) Wait about 10 seconds.
    g) If there is an update available, the furthest left LED should begin pulsing white indicating the update has started and the LEDs will gradually fill in and show the progress of the update. (If there is no update available, there will be no additional LED activity and indicates everything is up to date)
    h) The update can take up to 10 minutes
    i) When the update finishes, the furthest right LED will turn green and then all of the LEDs will go Off after about 10 seconds
    j) At this point, the update has completed and sound bar is ready to use.
    k) Power on the sound bar and play 5.1 content to confirm everything is working properly and there is sound coming out of the bar, sub and surrounds.
  • FatherV
    Options
    I would also like to know if 103 is the current firmware version.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That is correct.
  • J3FR0
    Options
    I have the same problem with my MagniFi Max. I bought the SR1 surround speakers separately and can't get them to play anything other than a horrible static sound