90RT vs Mc80 or Rc80 ceiling speakers

Anyone have either of these setup in a 5.1 or 7.1 setup? Wondering if any appreciable differences (besides price) between RT series and MC vs Rc80 setups?

Answers

• And by RT series I'm specifically asking about RT70 vs RT90
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    I've never used the RT, For my in-ceiling speakers I've used

RC80i not a bad speaker at least better than nothing
    MC80 good for surround use
    TC80i Good for full range or surround use try's to act like a book shelf speaker. These made going all in-ceiling almost work kind a sorta
    80/FX RT good speaker for surround use. Best I've use for in-ceiling surround and great for ATMOS/DTS-X
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • 90-rt is very nice. Have a pair of them in one of my rooms. Music is nice and full-bodied as ceiling speakers go. Definitely a nice step up over the MC80.

(RC80 is older model and never had a chance to play with them).

What is your planned use for them? Atmos? main front? surrounds? If its for your main front channels, i'd say they are definitely worth going with over the lower models. For surround use, can get by with the MC.
  • Yes....I'm looking to add 90RT as L/R front. Will get away with MC's for rears. Also curious if any big differences between RT70 and RT90