What was I Thinking

Options
mrloren
mrloren Posts: 2,454
I woke up early today,

Sitting here just browsing I notice Best Buy has Rocket 11 @30' for $99. I'm thinking ok I have a gift card to cover that. I started looking at bananas and cable pants. Then start looking at maybe making some rocket bi-wire cables with some Furez or Monoprice 12/4.

Then the coffee kicks in, I have AQ type 4, What am I thinking.
When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Once again caffeine saves the day
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
    I like my AQ wires. Have not had the best of luck with monoprice slim hdmi. Have two dead ones on the shelf.

I have some extra AQ Type 4 that I'm going to use to replace the wires in the cabinets of my rta12b.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    I get the opposite effect when I drink coffee.
    Less restraint, because the Lego Movie song starts playing in my head after the first sip...

y2esjfp1rc7g.gif

And then later, when it wears off...
    gdxn1dpz5bq4.gif

It is kind of interesting looking cable. The winding, and then the separate twists into different jackets. I'd be curious to try some, too, but just full range.

gs7qxfbyivom.png

I disabled signatures.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,648
    edited December 2018
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    Have not had the best of luck with monoprice slim hdmi. Have two dead ones on the shelf.

They have a lifetime warranty. Return them...

• mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My OCD would have me swapping wires way to much.
    I like my AQ wires. Have not had the best of luck with monoprice slim hdmi. Have two dead ones on the shelf.

Reason I only get AQ or Wirelogic (an AQ off brand at Costco) Never had one go bad

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Have not had the best of luck with monoprice slim hdmi. Have two dead ones on the shelf.

They have a lifetime warranty. Return them...

I've been meaning to contact them for replacements. Just have not got around to it.

I did replace a 35 ft Emotiva HDMI with the MonoPrice HOSS active hdmi at 35 or 40ft. Could not be happier with it. Picture was immediately better.