Bravo to my girl!!

polrbehr
polrbehr Posts: 2,825
edited December 2018 in The Clubhouse
The newest chapter in my oldest daughters life starts today. She graduated from SUNY Stony Brook with a bachelors degree in linguistics, with TESOL certification allowing her to teach Preschool-12. She also achieved Dean's list every semester, and will have the honor distinction S C L* on her degree as well. She also achieved this in 3.5 years, and will have graduated debt-free (as the friendly banker, I think that's more important than the other stuff LOL).

That she was able to accomplish this in less than 4 years is testament to her work ethic and drive, it was great to see her continue after her high school success. To say we are immensely proud of her would be a huge understatement. Just wanted to share with the family. ;)

*G-damn Vanilla censored the word between Summa and Laude, sheesh :(
So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/

Comments

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Very impressive and being debt free to boot. I know she has made you proud. Congrats.
  • Jetmaker737
    Jetmaker737 Posts: 1,000
    Congrats!
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|Sonus Faber Cremona Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Congrats to you and your girl, Harry! It says a lot about her and her parents. :)
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Congratulations to the "Island Girl" pretty impressive since most Universities are full of "super seniors" these days. I would have gone to Stoney Brook if I had stayed on the Island, It had a name that was fitting for me at the time. Stoney Brook, and institute of "higher" education.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Congrats to her and to you as parents!
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Nice! Tip O the hat!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Congratulations to her. Education is the best.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Sounds like you raised her right and has brains too, congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Outstanding! Congratulations!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Very cool, must be an awesome feeling...big congratulations!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited December 2018
    congratulations, best wishes, and felicitations to the grad and to all of the family!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Congratulations to her, and also to you for ensuring that she doesn't spend the rest of her life paying off her college loans!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Congrats to the young lady. Best wishes for a prosperous career. Someone has to take care of daddy later on.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    polrbehr wrote: »
    She also achieved Dean's list every semester, and will have the honor distinction S C L* on her degree as well. She also achieved this in 3.5 years, and will have graduated debt-free

I can't decide which part of this is the most impressive.

Congrats to all and best wishes for a great career in which she impacts many lives in a positive manner.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden