New Polk signs for my 1.2tl's

These early Christmas presents from my wife came in just a little early. I'm pretty happy with the black walnut and it seems to have a nice contrast with oak tops on the 1.2s.
v6mp1a3iz1eh.jpg
ba3fwsx9ci0e.jpg

Comments

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    Very nice!!

Thanks; I could never find anything I liked the looks of on top of any of my speakers. I believe these pieces will be staying put though. That black walnut is such a nice looking wood.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    For X-mas, all I want is that George Jones throw you have hanging on the wall...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorstereo
    For X-mas, all I want is that George Jones throw you have hanging on the wall...

Haha; it's actually my wife's Christmas present from a few years ago as she really likes his music. I found that George works well as a bit of a room treatment and the throw is just about the right size to hide most of the cabling.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Those are awesome! Where did she get em made?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    Very cool! Look great.
  • motorstereo
    verb wrote: »
    Those are awesome! Where did she get em made?

I got in contact with him through the Mcintosh fb forum. Says he can make damn near any logo. I had him make me a pair of Mcintosh signs to and they came out great.
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    Nice signs, both the polk and mac. Need some Ivan handles on those amps.
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    sbb2112 wrote: »
    Need some Ivan handles on those amps.

Say what?

• motorstereo
    sbb2112 wrote: »
    Nice signs, both the polk and mac. Need some Ivan handles on those amps.

Thanks; Lol I ordered a couple sets of Ivan's handles a month ago yesterday. I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival which hopefully is before Christmas
  • pitdogg2
    got it ... had me worried for a second. :D:D:D
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    Nice! ... 1.2TLs, 1.2kW per channel ... don't tell me you have a 1.2L Mitsubishi Mirage outside o:)
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • pitdogg2
    lawdogg wrote: »
    Nice! ... 1.2TLs, 1.2kW per channel ... don't tell me you have a 1.2L Mitsubishi Mirage outside o:)

Yugo 3cyl. :p
  • I'm just curious as to how those big Macs sound on the 1.2's? Do they have a kind of warm and tilted down sonic character? Or are the highs fully there?
    Hows the bass????? :#
  • nooshinjohn
    Have not heard that combination, but I can tell you that I have found the big girls like to have a ton of power available to bring them under complete control. They like to be dominated and I am willing to bet you would be a long time searching for a better amp to pair them with.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • honestaquarian
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    edited December 2018
    Have not heard that combination, but I can tell you that I have found the big girls like to have a ton of power available to bring them under complete control. They like to be dominated and I am willing to bet you would be a long time searching for a better amp to pair them with.

Something that Dan D'agastino makes perhaps???
    Post edited by honestaquarian on
  • motorstereo
    I'm just curious as to how those big Macs sound on the 1.2's? Do they have a kind of warm and tilted down sonic character? Or are the highs fully there?
    Hows the bass????? :#

It's stopped my amp upgraditis right in it's tracks and a huge difference going from a pair of bridged Mcintosh mc2500's which were 1000 wpc. I wouldn't call it tilted or warm. They just seem to do everything perfectly from low level listening to building structural damaging volumes.
  • motorstereo
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    lawdogg wrote: »

Yugo 3cyl. :p

Oh it's far worse than that.........my little old 2cyl 2 liter (2000cc) Vulcan shares the room with the Macs
    tmqicajqvuhd.jpg

• Tell us more
    Are you using and AI-1 interface or did you do the upgrade to the big, fancy isolation tranny?(I don’t remember who took part in the last group buy anymore)
  • motorstereo
    ^^^^^^Yes I took part in the group buy a while back and have the 1000 va dreadnaught with speakon connectors and Larry's aluminum case. Fantastic unit that brought my rig to another level even when I was running a single amp. I also had an A1 in the past but the dreadnaught is far superior.
  • ^^^^^^Yes I took part in the group buy a while back and have the 1000 va dreadnaught with speakon connectors and Larry's aluminum case. Fantastic unit that brought my rig to another level even when I was running a single amp. I also had an A1 in the past but the dreadnaught is far superior.

OH YES!!!
    Have you done any work to the crossover? I bought some upgraded crossovers for my 3.1TL’s from @VR3 at the same time we did the last group buy.
  • nooshinjohn
    My transformer and Larry's case sit un-touched as I have not had the time... not to threadjack, but does anyone have the parts list for the build of the dreadnaught?

• motorstereo
    [quote="honestaquarian;c-2463 [/quote]

OH YES!!!
    Have you done any work to the crossover? I bought some upgraded crossovers for my 3.1TL’s from @VR3 at the same time we did the last group buy. [/quote]

Yes Jesse (F1nut) recapped them for the previous owner about 10 years ago. Jesse's workmanship is top notch so I can't see a reason to move on from them.
  • nooshinjohn
    Amazing what Jesse is capable of with those primitive stone tools and a piece of flint.

• motorstereo
    Amazing what Jesse is capable of with those primitive stone tools and a piece of flint.

Honestly though I can't think of a better guy to have done the work on them.
  • If there is one thing that I always loved on the SRS 1's is the low bass capability. If you have enough power then you can literally shake the foundation of your house right out from under you! It isn't the typical boom that I am talking about either. It's the bass below the boom zone which very few loudspeakers are capable of reproducing (and certainly not in the price range that these were being sold for when new) Bass below about 40 HZ and especially strong bass below that frequency in the organ pedal territory is where these things shine!
  • motorstereo
    ^^^^^^Agreed; the bass from them to me is nothing short of incredible.