New RCA Interconnect Recommendations

Options
dpowell
dpowell Posts: 3,054
edited December 2018 in 2 Channel Audio
It looks like some family members may want to chip in to buy new IC"s for my birthday and Christmas this year. I'm looking for recommendations. I currently have Signal Cable Analog II's with the basic connectors and some very old MIT Terminator 3's. Open to suggestions. I've looked at Douglas Connections. There are so many connector types to choose from and not a lot of time to research. Have fun living vicariously spending other people's money and throw in some suggestions. Snake oil comments will be ignored. :wink:

Priority connections are:

Sony ES CDP to Pass Labs X1
Pass Labs X1 to Sunfire signature amp

Other less priority connections are:
Pioneer AVR to Pass Labs X1
Pioneer Center Pre-out to Sunfire signature amp
Oppo BDP83SE to Pass Labs X1 for CDP comparison

I could also ask for speaker cables. They have to be 14' and I bi-amp the 2.3TL's (Sorry Jesse) :wink:

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Kimber Kable PBJ or Hero with Ultraplate connections. Mix and match as needed. Hero are the better cable but it’s not a MASSIVE sound difference.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • dpowell
    Options
    Thank you both for the fast response! For both recommendations, I'm curious what sound properties you find with the cables? The Sony ES CDP and the 2.3TL's tend to be a bit on the warm, musical side which I really like. I want to make sure that whatever cables I get don't neutralize that warmth but enhance detail if that makes sense.

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, ADCOM GFA 7807 + 5400, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • dpowell
    Options
    Thank you for the insight and potential bias alert. :smile: PM forthcoming.

• motorhead43026
    Options
    I have WW IC's, good stuff.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.