jdjohn Posts: 2,987
edited December 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Pro-Ject Phono Box DS+
- MM and MC capable
- Impedance: 10 ohms, 100 ohms, 1k ohms, 47k ohms
- Capacitance: 47pF, 147pF, 267pF, 367pF
- Gain: 40dB, 45dB, 60dB, 65dB
- Subsonic filter on/off

This is a great entry-level phonostage into the mid-range class. All adjustments to settings are made via buttons on the front panel (no jumpers!), and viewable on the display screen. This is very handy if you like to swap cartridges frequently, and clearly, it is compatible with all types of cartridges. Changes to load and gain settings can be heard instantly, so comparisons can be made quickly and easily in order to find the sweet spot for any particular cartridge. This sale includes the original packaging, manuals, and power supply.

Cosmetically, this unit is practically flawless - no scratches on the case or the display screen, and from a smoke-free home. I am the original owner. There is a tiny amount of pixel burn-in on the display when viewing the home 'Pro-Ject' screen; I normally left it on the 'settings' screen, so it was not visible. I am including a very close-up pic to show it, but it is only visible when viewing from VERY close range.

This will be double-boxed. Price is $275 USD plus actual shipping cost. Payment can be made via PayPal(Friends and Family) or Venmo.
vtsnf8mqj0yd.jpg
njjjq0cf3h6n.jpg
xvjzswet2sjo.jpg
znn8apdflisl.jpg
snxj82hdqzdn.jpg

"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• maingey
    maingey Posts: 627
    Would this be better than the one from Schiit?
  • jdjohn
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for your interest and question.

I tried a Schiit Mani, but had RFI issues with it, so could not do a direct comparison in sound. YMMV

This PhonoBox has more loading options for both impedance and capacitance, and easier to make changes with the buttons on the front. The Mani has DIP switches on the bottom.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • jdjohn
    Bump...and now offering free shipping to the lower 48, or $10 shipping to any Canucks out there :)
  • jdjohn
    Final price drop to $250. Don't make me list this on eBay!
  • Did you already sell this?
  • jdjohn
    Yes, it eventually sold on eBay.