FS - SVS SB13-Ultra Subwoofer

dbaldus
dbaldus Posts: 730
edited November 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Description
For your consideration is an SVS SB13-Ultra subwoofer. I've used this sub lightly in my main 2-channel system (smoke-free home) for over 5 years.

This sub is in perfect working condition with very minor swirl marks (common with piano gloss finishes) and one minor surface scratch, as can be seen in the pictures.

Price / Shipping
$1000 + actual shipping

It will ship in the original box at the buyer's expense.

Local pickup (Dallas, TX) would be preferred because this is heavy!

Thanks for your interest.

gm262y8m14n6.jpg
4emnpxs05lit.jpg
6mc71t2h5jg7.jpg
cype3aiuhsq8.jpg
ekb5pnnrxsnh.jpg

2-channel
Squeezebox Touch| MSB Analog DAC | Audio Research Ref 40 Anniversary Edition| Pass Labs X350.8 | Wilson Audio Sasha 2

Home Theater
Arcam AVR 550 | GoldenEar Triton One | GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL | GoldenEar Aon 3 | JL Audio Fathom F113v2

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited November 2018
    Wow so much nice stuff... :'(
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Bump for a killer sub
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    2 nice subs still here ? All you kids complaining your Polk subs died, here's your answer.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Wish you had two of the same, I just ordered a pair of the SB4000
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • dbaldus
    Wish you had two of the same, I just ordered a pair of the SB4000

Funny you mention that because I actually do have a pair.

I was planning to sell the second at some point down the road, but if you're really interested in both, I could be persuaded now. Let me know!

2-channel
    Squeezebox Touch| MSB Analog DAC | Audio Research Ref 40 Anniversary Edition| Pass Labs X350.8 | Wilson Audio Sasha 2

Home Theater
    Arcam AVR 550 | GoldenEar Triton One | GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL | GoldenEar Aon 3 | JL Audio Fathom F113v2
  • Man!!!, The SB4000s are on their way, be here Wednesday. I have to give them a try after all the research I have done on them (maybe the last subs I ever will buy).
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • dbaldus
    Man!!!, The SB4000s are on their way, be here Wednesday. I have to give them a try after all the research I have done on them (maybe the last subs I ever will buy).

No problem. Enjoy the SB4000's - I'm sure they'll be great!

2-channel

Home Theater
  • dbaldus
    Sold!

2-channel

Home Theater
  • The SVS SB13 Ultra is an excellent subwoofer. I have owned SVS Ultra subwoofers for many years. Two 13's and a 16, both with sealed enclosures. I have also owned other SVS subs further down the line and they don't compare with the Ultra series. I hate to be critical but the smaller SVS's subwoofer are good but not great like the Ultra series. Microprocessor precise control (no twist pots to guess at the actual setting), state of the art amplification and massive drivers. However, the SB13 Ultra is outclassed by the SB16 Ultra due to infinite frequency low/high pass settings (Ultra 13 has preset frequencies you can choose from), phase, etc. settings and crazy large everything. You don't have play the SVS Ultra subs particularly loud and they don't become boomy like most other sub woofers. The SB16 Ultra isn't slow and lagging like most larger subs over 12-13". Hold out for the SVS Ultra series if you can and sealed box (SB series) for audio. "Everything is better in stereo" including subwoofers.
  • This SVS SB13 Ultra sold because it was priced fairly and had the original shipping materials. Congrats on the sale.

Hold out for the SVS Ultra series if you can and sealed box (SB series) for audio. "Everything is better in stereo" including subwoofers.
  • Refreshing to run across a Seller who isn't greedy and prices his item as a used item. I have lost lots of money on various items over the years and that's OK. This a hobby and we get to have the gear to enjoy until we want to move it on to another hobbiest. You always lose the shipping you paid to get the item. If I don't lose more that 10-15% on an item then I'm OK. Sometimes it just feels good to send an item on down the road. If you want to have a laugh then check me out my history on AG (adams7724) to get an idea of my audio craziness. "Everything is better in stereo".
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Anything else?..
  • SVS SB13 Ultra sold in five days! The SVS Ultra's don't come up for sale often from individuals. "Everything is better in stereo".
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Dude what's your angle here? You joined last December and haven't said boo then you blow up this thread.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Dude what's your angle here? You joined last December and haven't said boo then you blow up this thread.

Looks like he's selling something on Audiogon. One thing, as far as I can tell. I guess he wants to boost traffic. There, I looked. That's one view.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Oh, I guess he wants us to view his history there, because he's sold stuff for fair prices?? Idk, because I don't have an account, or I do and just can't remember what it is