Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    I've contacted the seller...sounds like a moving sale. I'm not sure they know what they have. ARs from that vintage have been on my 'want-to-try' list. Only bad thing this is I probably won't be able to audition them due to the chaos around the move. I think they're coming out of a working system, though.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    At least it is only 65 bones. Hopefully you do not have to drive too far? Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Pair of AR-2ax for $65 https://offerup.com/item/detail/586066323/
    t3qr5eb5c3vr.jpg
    The ad says "reworked" and "internally restored". I'm in contact with the seller...gonna check 'em out!

GOOD LUCK! :);):pB)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    edited November 2018
    Pair of AR-2ax for $65 https://offerup.com/item/detail/586066323/
    t3qr5eb5c3vr.jpg
    The ad says "reworked" and "internally restored". I'm in contact with the seller...gonna check 'em out!

Welcome to parts express buyout drivers..... :p:p:p
  • jdjohn
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Good point. I need to find out exactly what was done.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764

Unfortunately you can't just pop off the dust cover and look. A friend of mine had some totally original ones and I was looking all over trying to see how to access the speakers. Everything was one piece with no screws or seams. It is not obvious how to remove the dust cover without trashing it. Even after searching how to pry it off it is still not obvious.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    delkal wrote: »

Unfortunately you can't just pop off the dust cover and look. A friend of mine had some totally original ones and I was looking all over trying to see how to access the speakers. Everything was one piece with no screws or seams. It is not obvious how to remove the dust cover without trashing it. Even after searching how to pry it off it is still not obvious.

I owned original ones and never figured out how to take it off. Back then, there was no internet to research it either.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Sometimes you can carefully pry a corner to start pulling off front panel. They are usually small nails holding it on. Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    https://shorelinemusic.com/collections/closeouts
    Good deals on AudioEngine gear. Received a pair of A5+'s in excellent condition, and have ordered more. More than 50% off list, free shipping.

Good looking out! I snagged the last pair of a5+ open box. I was gonna purchase new hd6 but the a5’s for 190 bucks are a no brainer. These will be used in a temporary bedroom/hote rig while including at a navy school for the next 6 months. Can’t go without my music!
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • jdjohn
    delkal wrote: »
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    I owned original ones and never figured out how to take it off. Back then, there was no internet to research it either.
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Sometimes you can carefully pry a corner to start pulling off front panel. They are usually small nails holding it on. Good luck. D
    I found this http://boatanchorpix.x10host.com/AR_2ax.htm

Unfortunately, the seller hasn't returned my last two messages, so not looking good ATM.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    That jolida might be the other company when they had a name issue between the 2 companies. Does the jolida badge look like its plastic or painted onto the cd player?
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2018
    erniejade wrote: »
    That jolida might be the other company when they had a name issue between the 2 companies. Does the jolida badge look like its plastic or painted onto the cd player?

To me it appears to be painted on.

Wasn't it now supposed to be Black Ice? Remember that from Axpona when we went?
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Thoight they discontinued this a few years ago and went with a separate transport and dac.

Yes. They are supposed to be black ice but jolida web site still has the jolida name on it.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • pitdogg2
    erniejade wrote: »
    Thoight they discontinued this a few years ago and went with a separate transport and dac.

Yes. They are supposed to be black ice but jolida web site still has the jolida name on it.

I couldn't see a date on the back this could be years old. But still it could be new in the box i guess
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Seems like a good price on some nice looking AR9's. Also has a center channel and some AR17's available. First time i have seen this model around here.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/d/acoustic-research-ar9-tower/6760381511.html
  • verb
    A nice set of the venerable Pioneer HPM-100's! Love em or hate em, a true classic!
    zq1c9368wkfu.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/d/pioneer-hpm-100s/6761575038.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    edited November 2018
    I don't know what the 100 watt version sounds like but I do know the 200 watt'rs. I think my RSL 3300's sound like those old pioneers did.
    From the web;
    0bs7lq6w70cb.png

Maybe it's the white woofer placebo effect.

Oh, I couldn't hear the super tweeter working but the guy who bought them said he could hear them he thought. When he got home he must've tested them because he called me back to thank me for the deals and to say those super tweeters did indeed work. :)B)
  • verb
    edited November 2018
    I had a set of HPM40's in high school, because I couldn't afford much more. Had em all the way through my college years. Ah, memories!
  • Tony M
    edited November 2018
    I think I had a pr. of them also. :o:)
  • verb
    Tony M wrote: »

I'm sure you did! :smile:
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861

What haven't you had/have? :o
  • pitdogg2
    FestYboy wrote: »

What haven't you had/have? :o

Herpagonasyphelaids.....

I hope :D:D:D
  • Tony M
    edited December 2018
    I've had a ton of old wooden Fishers.
    A ton of older KLHs.
    A ton of JBLs
    A couple of KEFs
    4 BIG MCS old NICE towers
    A ton of DCM's
    My pair of ESS AMT1b's that I'll own till I pass over. I almost bought another pair last month but passed.
    A ton of Advents...still have some that need surrounds or speakers in the case of two beautiful Large Advent cabinets that were on the side of the road advertised in my local Craig's list.
    A ton of Klipsch's and still have and use their subs.
    A ton of Pinnacles. still use them.
    A lot of the older Sansui's
    A lot of the older Kenwood's that look like Sansui's
    Polk's out the yin yang
    A ton of Infinity's
    A few Missions
    One pair of Ohm Walsh 2's
    A bunch of Def Tech's
    One pr. of PSB century towers and a center channel ( still have the center )
    A complete NHT 5.1 BIG system ( still have it )
    A bunch of Bose 301's and below models. Never the 901's but I almost bought a set the other day but backed off. No where to put them. But I would've found room for those HPM100s if I bought them today.
    A few Cerwin vegas

Snell subwoofer ( still have it )
    A few Paradigm speakers and center Regret selling those Studio20V3 Bookies. Man they sounded nice!
    e81mm1jmi3zc.png

A couple Atlantic Technologies systems
    One pair of Fluance aluminum skinny towers
    A couple of Mirage subs. Regret selling them too!
    A bunch of ADS or Braun speakers and original stands for them too. I regret selling those too!
    Newform Research triple towers
    A 1200.00 pair of Boston Acoustics bookies. I regret selling them too but they went to @Nguyendot here on the forum. ;)
    That about does it except for a couple stray subs or something ancient .

Looking through some brands I saw a few I've never owned or even heard. So I have some work to do in the future! :D
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited December 2018
    Magnepans are missing from your list... you need to try a pair.

http://www.magnepan.com/model_MMGi

You will not be disappointed.

There... I have done my enabling for the day.... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    edited December 2018
    I forgot about the biggie Maggies I owned for years! dang!

Thanks John. ;)

How the heck could I have forgotten them?! :s

Here they were temporarily;
    te914xckvihw.png

And then they were here for a while and then I sold them. :s
    dmzd8xe10bjk.png

• Carver MXR-130 receiver Atlanta. $175. No affiliation.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/d/carver-mxr-130-the-receiver/6761906685.htmlyoczz5qdkyaj.jpg
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • KrazyMofo24
    KrazyMofo24 Posts: 1,186
    Great deal for anyone in the DFW area. Lsi15, LsiFX, LsiC, and Velodyne sub for $900.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ele/d/polk-audio-51-speaker-system/6761953069.html

Setup:

2 Channel: Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand, T+A P 1230R, Primare SPA21, Oppo BDP-105
    PC: Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, Cambridge Azure 650A v2 , Peachtree iDAC, Denon DVD-3800BDCI

• verb
    Reel to Reel player lot! 5 units. No affiliation! All for $260 bucks OBO.
    fbfasxj3qm6a.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/5-reel-to-reels/6749181683.html
  • verb