This is unbelievable!

Options
nooshinjohn
nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
edited November 2018 in The Clubhouse
So.... I have been in discussions today about selling off my two channel rig to a local guy here for a large chunk of money. The deal would include my custom Carver Amplifiers. A deal has not even been struck yet and I find the potential buyer has done this....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bob-Carver-Tube-Amp-450w-Custom-Granite-Monoblock-Pair-Raven-Crimson/183560960040?hash=item2abd15f828:g:4q8AAOSw-iZcANY9:rk:1:pf:0

As of now, any deal we had working is off the table. If I want to sell them on EBay, I will list them myself. This Jackwagon must think I fell off the turnip truck yesterday or something... he can pound sand.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Contact eBay immediately.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    Options
    Can't you report him for that? I'm pretty sure it's against eBay's terms to list something for sale that you don't physically own.

Here is the Report Item link: http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReportThisItemRedirect&active=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2566&itemid=183560960040&seller=firstvideo
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    84ezhw2maf12.png
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Options
    Dick move for sure!

That being said, maybe this is a sign that you shouldn't sell off your rig!
  • Clipdat
    Options
    There wasn't a category that matched 100%, so I reported it as a Fraudulent Listing. "The listing has items being sold without the owner's authorization."
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Dick move for sure!

That being said, maybe this is a sign that you shouldn't sell off your rig!

You may be right. I had that jackass try to steal the Krell, and another that was trying to use a scheme to swipe my Triangle Art. The clue that busted him was he never tried to haggle the price.

This guy is trying to sell my stuff before he even makes a deal.... What is wrong with people these days.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Clipdat
    Options
    I still think about that Krell story often! Didn't know that someone tried some shiesty bs to try to steal your TT as well.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I just looked at the guy’s EBay store, and it is clear he is well out of his depth when it comes to audio gear at this level. He has six pages of crap that largely look like dump finds and garage sales. He hasn’t got a clue who he is dealing with and who he pissed off. I will call EBay in the morning and take his store down, then I will go after his other sources for sales/procurement and crush him.

He messed with the wrong Marine.

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    I've had people "steal" my listing, word for word, even the photos, because they were too lazy to write their own and take pictures. This one takes the cake though.
    Outright fraud.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Unreal.....if I had a spare $10K in a high-risk gambling account.... B) , I would hit the Buy It Now and see if it really ships the same day.

Is this twice now there's been some outside force telling you to hold on to certain gear?

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    Gonna ask for a live demo in Surf City
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Nothing surprises me anymore.

What a ****!!!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    I got blocked for comparing him to a hygiene product.

Well RATS!!!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I say, you hit the "buy now" button.
    Tell him you will pick it up in person.
    Drive to his location and sock him right in the jimmy.

Then treat yourself to a McDonalds 6 piece for a job well done.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    I wouldn't of said a word. Just watch it and if/when it sells and he comes to pick it up tell him the price is 12,500.00 FIRM. Let him deal with the ramifications of not being able to deliver the item AND then turn him in to eBay for fraudulently selling an item he did not own. Question is what else did he take pictures of while in your house?
    SCUMBAG!

Ps. Remind me not to stand to close to you seems like lightning strikes you often o:)o:)
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,053
    Options
    And you were comparing Jesse to PFB in another thread??? :p:D

I'm fairly confident you will be wearing skinny jeans when you make that call to ebay.

All joking aside, its awesome that you caught this (fill in the blank with your own word because Vanilla will delete it anyway). I can't wait to see how this turns out for him.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Wow !!

Slimeball to say the least. Like Jesse said, contact EBAY. You'd be doing other unsuspecting people a service if you can get ebay to dump that dude.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • recoveryone
    Options
    I would contact the guy and ask for a demo of the gear, at that price it would not be out of the question to get a test drive and see what he says. I would toy with him for weeks, giving him the feeling he's got a big deal in the works then pull the rug out from under him.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I wouldn't of said a word. Just watch it and if/when it sells and he comes to pick it up tell him the price is 12,500.00 FIRM. Let him deal with the ramifications of not being able to deliver the item AND then turn him in to eBay for fraudulently selling an item he did not own. Question is what else did he take pictures of while in your house?
    SCUMBAG!

Ps. Remind me not to stand to close to you seems like lightning strikes you often o:)o:)

The picture in his listing is mine as well. He has never been to my home, Thankfully, I have never given my address out to him.

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    He said he is firm on the 10k, and if I agreed to the price he would let my brother come over and audition.. I don't have a brother!!! LOL!!!! :D
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    And I am firm on my resolve …. I just got off the phone with Ebay. The listing needs to go through the review process, but it will be removed and action taken against the seller, though they would not disclose that action to me.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I looked at the posting. He says this will be shipped same day in a professionally packaged box. I'd say that's very generous of you but i didn't know you were a professional packager. Tubes and cables included as well. Do you think i can negotiate with him to have some more goodies added for free? What do you have to offer? B)
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,513
    Options
    You did what you needed to do. As much fun as it sounds to mess with him, you’re probably better off just ignoring him. Then move on with your plans. Good luck with the sale.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    SCUMBAG!

He has never been to my home, Thankfully, I have never given my address out to him.

Smart move there John
  • nooshinjohn
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I have blocked his phone number from being able to call or text, and am through having any contact with this individual. As far as selling my gear goes, those thoughts are gone as well. I have never had a single issue selling my gear in the past. Perhaps this is my mom trying to send me a message to hold on to my stuff.

• stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Not you. Him. But you get the idea. x54w74nppkcg.jpeg
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    SCUMBAG!

He has never been to my home, Thankfully, I have never given my address out to him.

Smart move there John

Sheeet man, I can't even get John's address, he's very good at keeping the undesirables away. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Options
    My wife has the eBay account she never ever uses. What’s the worst that could happen if she did a buy it now and didn’t follow through? I had someone just do that to me with the camera and it doesn’t seem to have much consequence.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto