Help with speaker troubleshooting please ...

Options
dinnu
dinnu Posts: 33
edited December 2004 in Troubleshooting
I have a pair of RTi 100s as my front speakers (I have had these for a little over two years).

Last week I noticed that there was no sound coming from my left speaker. When I tested it with my calibrating dvd, i found that the only sound coming from my left speaker is from it's sub-woofer (RTi 100s have a built in powered sub).

To troubleshoot, I replaced it's mid range driver with the one from my right speaker (as advised by POLK Customer Service) and it came to life. Now I know that the driver on my left speaker has died.

I have a feeling that the tweeter has also gone bad, but I don't know how to test it. Is there a way to send a high frequency signal to test the tweeter in a speaker (I have an AVIA calibrating dvd)?

How do I find out if the tweeter is working?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Post edited by dinnu on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited December 2004
    Options
    When you subtituted the midrange, could you hear anything from the tweeter? It should have been working once the midrange was replaced, if it isn't bad also.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2