TSX 550 Tweeters are punched in

Hello,
Due to unforeseen circumstances, I have my tweeters punched in and not sure if they are working for my floor standing TSX550ts. Firstly, how can I tell for sure if the tweeters are functional... putting my ear to them is not telling me enough. Secondly, if they are damaged, what's the best way to get them fixed. I love these speakers but lately I feel they are not functioning at their optimal strength. Thanks.

Comments

• You can try a vaccum hose and stick it on the tweeter dome. Should pop it back out. I have tried many many things but the above will be the easiest way with least risk or further issues.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    turn it on them off very fast DO NOT try to put it on while vacuum is already on and DO NOT try and pull it off while under suction. You may need to turn it on more than once leaving it on a tiny amount more each time until the dome pops back out.

be very careful.
  • Ok got all your suggestions. Will try it tonight. Thanks!
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 715
    DO NOT DO the vacuum suggestion! Use a hair dryer and heat up the soft dome, and watch it POP back to normal. MAGIC!
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    Double stick tape works as well....