Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,471
    miner wrote: »
    Didn't Sound United acquire Classe'?

yes
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    ….and I believe Classe acquired McCormack. Dang, this is all starting to sound like an Irish family tree.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    tonyb wrote: »
    ….and I believe Classe acquired McCormack. Dang, this is all starting to sound like an Irish family tree.

Sort of like a lodgepole pine?

t7ek5ppbipwh.png

Kinda short on branches. :p
  • Listened to the MA-252 at local McIntosh dealer. Combination of features, power, build quality and sonics is perhaps the best offering per dollar by McIntosh. Simply a wonderful sounding unit with plenty of power in an elegant compact design. Enjoy.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
    -George Orwell
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Congrats! It's bigger than I thought it was. Those tubes really glow brightly too. B)

A wife's smiling because of our audio system's sound is hard to aquire I think. I know it happens so it isn't an impossibility but it is more illusive than getting "the look" when we show them a piece of gear or speakers that we're really proud of finally owning.

Now if we could just get them to peruse audio catalogues like Music Direct and have them suggest the next purchase/s, that would be a great week indeed. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    I love your clean set-up! B)

Unless you sit really low, I think taller stands would improve those Signatures sound stage a lot. ;)
  • Tony M wrote: »
    I love your clean set-up! B)

Unless you sit really low, I think taller stands would improve those Signatures sound stage a lot. ;)

I agree, Tony. Taller stands would be better, but we are in transition between this house in PA and retiring and permanently moving to our house in Colorado in a few months. Once we are there, I'll switch the Sigs to the LSiM 703s that I have out there and they are on taller stands. These two stands are the only ones I have left back here in PA and it's just temporary.

McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Tony M
    That's cool.

Your acoustics in that room are 10,000 times better than what I have out in my cottage right now. ;)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited November 2018
    Anyone who reads Asimov's SciFi is a-ok in my book.
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    Anyone who read's Asimov's SciFi is a-ok in my book.

My favorite short story of his is "The Last Question". I find that to be very profound!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • Clipdat
    I'm happy you are enjoying your new setup, it's extremely nice. Very cool.
  • Tony M
    mark090852 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Anyone who read's Asimov's SciFi is a-ok in my book.

My favorite short story of his is "The Last Question". I find that to be very profound!

B)
    https://youtu.be/ojEq-tTjcc0
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Very very good looking setup man
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Purty! Bet it sounds as good as it looks. :)
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    Nice setup! D1 owner here. Tidal with high rez or mqa masters sound darn good on the lumin that's for sure
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,623
    Nice amp!

My Father picked one up for his office system about a month ago.

It sounds fantastic with his Totem Signature One's.
  • Tony M
    I've been trying for over 30 years to get my wife or step daughter to buy me something audio related. I did get a HUGE dark side of the moon poster from the step daughter many years ago. :)

Congrats!!

I'll bet the sound just got improved in your room.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Very nice early Christmas gift.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Awesome bro!! Looks great and I’m sure sounds great too!!
  • Clipdat
    Are those the 705s or 707s?
    Are those the 705s or 707s?
    They are 705s.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    It was an early Christmas for me today. My wife, Sue, aka Susie Q, or simply The Q, surprised me with these speakers. Is she great or what! :) I am so lucky! y03rd986l687.jpg

Sweet, nice looking setup there. If I may suggest, as a next step, work on the cabling. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Very nice & congrats!!!
  • Clipdat
    Sweet, nice looking setup there. If I may suggest, as a next step, work on the cabling. ;)

I agree Tony, it does look sweet. I also agree regarding speaker cables. With the level of gear being used here, going to a nice entry to mid level SC will be an obvious and immediate improvement over standard 12ga wire.

I agree Tony, it does look sweet. I also agree regarding speaker cables. With the level of gear being used here, going to a nice entry to mid level SC will be an obvious and immediate improvement over standard 12ga wire.
    I agree 100%, but have other financial commitments at the present time. Hopefully someday...
  • Clipdat
    I agree 100%, but have other financial commitments at the present time. Hopefully someday...

I understand completely. No pressure man. You've already got an amazing system as is! I'm just excited for you and about the possibility of further upgrades enhancing your enjoyment.

But like you mentioned you have a big move coming up, etc. But, if/when you do go for some different speaker cables, do let us know! :)