Isonic & bluetooth

Hello, I am wondering if anyone knows how to add bluetooth to the original Isonic. I've seen videos online of ppl hooking up blue tooth to their vintage stereos. Any help would be appreciated. That's all. Thanks!

Best Answers

• Hello22
    Hello22 Posts: 6
    Answer ✓
    It's working!
    Only on my phone so far, I haven't got it to actually play sound from my Mac yet, it's connected so not sure why, but this is the first music that has come out of the Isonic in years (that wasn't through the TV) Thank you thank you!!
    I never understood why the Isonic didn't come with HDMI or USB. Sadly, it's spent many years being only a clock.
    Bluetooth! How come I never thought of that? Thanks again!!!

Answers

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Get something like this...
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/99?loc=https://www.ebay.com/p/736508016?iid=253558780691
    ...and use an RCA cable to connect the BT receiver to your system.
    Welcome to Club Polk!
  • OK, the adapter came today, but I don't get how that helps the Isonic. Thanks in advance!
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Use the Aux1 input jacks on the back of the unit:
    i313083trzu9.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • So as usual with the beloved, (if only a short time) the Isonic again quits working. This blue tooth adapter setup worked a few times, now nothing. The Isonic has this history, I'd get a DVD to watch and the drawer wouldn't open, DVD went back unwatched. I'd have a CD to listen to, no sound. Now, the blue tooth, nothing. The panel is lit up saying "check xm" Won't let me select Aux 1 at all.

The Isonic has given a few days of joy, but mainly been a clock or a doorstop. Been back to the factory once or twice over the years. It wasn't cheap in 2006 either. I hate to complain as hubby picked up for my birthday gift, but when a sound system gives no sound, what can I say.
    Are these still being serviced? is it worth it? I can't be the only one that has had multiple issues as I think this is my third (factory replaced) isonic.
    Good while it lasted.
  • Hello "Hello22",
    Let's try this, unplug the unit's AC power cord from the wall outlet. Then wait about three or four minutes and plug it back in. Hopefully you can then change the input to FM and determine if you can play a radio station.
  • Ok, I unplugged for awhile, plugged back in and still won't let me select Aux, still at XM.
  • It would be best to send an email to: Kim.Jasper@soundunited.com he's got more experience with the iSonic than anybody.