RM6880 Spring Terminals Broken

Hello -- I have an RM6880 subwoofer, and it has a pair of 4 conductor spring terminals. Each set has at least one broken spring clamp. Does anyone know the proper replacement parts, and any basic steps to repair this? It looks like it unscrews from the outside, but I'm wondering if I will need to remove the entire back plate. I have been unable to get the spring clamps to work again, and would prefer to replace them, but I am open to other creative fixes. Please forgive the poor picture quality -- you can see the top right red clip is not aligned with the others -- it falls out. My tape was to insulate a wire termination I tried to use to make a better connection. Thanks for any help!!!
ktprzlecuaiu.jpg

Comments

• Hello,
    It would be probably easier to fix if the bass amplifier were removed from the cabinet. Usually all you have to do is remove the screws that go around the circumference of the amplifier's input plate. Then the complete assembly will come out of the cabinet. There should be a red wire and a black wire that lead to the woofer and will unplug from the woofer's terminals. You can find replacement terminal strips from most electronic parts websites. You probably can upgrade to a binding post type strip which would prevent the same thing from happening.
  • Thank you! I'll give it a shot!