Integra DPS-6.5... any good?

Came across one of these recently. Anybody heard or used one? Any opinions? Noticed it plays SACD (and I don't have any), but that's all I really know about it.

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,966
    I haven't heard that model, but years ago when I still spun discs I had one of the well know highly modifiable cheapo sony 5 disc SACD players that I really enjoyed. I came across a single disc integra cd player that was clearly much better built with a higher MSRP. I got it for really cheap figuring I could flip it if I didn't like it. I compared it to the sony, and it was just lifeless and dull sounding. Now, this was on pretty entry level equipment. An HK receiver, polk RT7s, mostly monoprice type cables, but the sony had so much more upper end detail and tighter, more extended bass. I flipped it and made a few bucks. That's all I got man...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited November 2018
    DSkip wrote: »
    I wouldn’t buy any onkyo products with an intent for 2 channel.

What if it was free and already in my house? :p:p
  • mdaudioguy
    That's not buying, is it?
    Free is usually worth a little effort, but lifeless and dull, according to rooftop... I might be too lazy to even try!
  • mdaudioguy
    I'll need to see if I can find a SACD to test it out... That might be the dealbreaker! Like buying an inkjet printer... Printer costs next to nothing, but those ink cartridges! Maybe I'll just karma it.
  • mdaudioguy
    I'll send you a Diana Krall to test out. Just ship it back when you swap the cables. If I can find a few more I'll throw them in there too for good measure.

You've left me with no excuses! :p Thanks man! I'll give it a shot.