JM Lab Focal Mini Utopia Single Center Mono Channel WBT Posts

Great center channel!!

Great condition JM Lab (Focal) Mini Utopia. Bottom shows normal wear for a monitor loudspeaker. The bottom is in good enough shape to place speaker on side for an awesome center channel!

The bottom woofer was missing a phase plug and was inoperable. This was shipped to Focal France, they replaced the phase plug with the newest factory spec and repaired the woofer for proper operation. The new phase plug is aluminum versus resin filled plastic. This can be painted if you so desire!

Sound is excellent! The last Utopia speaker generation with a user serviceable tweeter!

Included in the photos are the most obvious blemishes on the speakers, I would say it is a solid 7 out of 10, from a distance you would not notice any of the blemishes.

I do not have the original box but I have shipped speakers for close to 2 decades with no issues. You will not be disappointed.

$1000 + Shipping + Paypal

Dimensions -
24"T x ’16"D x 10"W
Weight
59 pounds

Original MSRP 3500 each

Drivers
6.5" Focal woofers "W Sandwich"
1" Tioxid inverted tweeter

Specs
Ported through slots in the front
50Hz to 25kHz +/- 3dB
91.5dB (2.83V/1M)
8 ohm nom
25 to 150Wpc
Point to point crossovers (stock)
Lead plate damped enclosure
WBT Binding Posts
Anigré side panels
Tauri wood panel for tweeter accents

Link to review: http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/jmlab_mini_utopia.htm

buy07f158lc8.jpg
bjbh9dirf4l3.jpg
vewzpx5engxq.jpg
62insbwj4xox.jpg
frmi9l2kx9mn.jpg
69j2sthhjf2x.jpg
krdf1glcnuff.jpg
d1qidcuq9nfu.jpg
4gc8z7ihaca1.jpg
kxgjn2o7s3iw.jpg
5og15guash0t.jpg
rn602aakic5w.jpg
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.

Comments

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,019
    @KennethSwauger

Please move to for sale section

Thank you! :)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    In the right section bump

Haha
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    edited November 2018
    VR3 wrote: »
    Great center channel!!

rn602aakic5w.jpg

Is it me or do all those inductors go completely against what we have learned recently :p:p
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Great center channel!!

rn602aakic5w.jpg

Is it me or do all those inductors go completely against what we have learned recently :p:p

Ivan actually learned something would be the bigger question :|:D<3
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • VR3
    Imo, if the crossover was designed in that orientation, doesn't matter. If you were to change the orientation with the same values you would actually change the specs, if that makes sense
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    edited November 2018
    Imo, if the crossover was designed in that orientation, doesn't matter. If you were to change the orientation with the same values you would actually change the specs, if that makes sense

Agree Trey although way above my skill set. (as Ron so eloquently points put ;) )
    If all that was planned into the circuit then yes it plays a critical role.
    JM Labs is no Cerwin Vega, JM Labs/Focal certainly know how to build top tier gear no question about that.

GLWTS
  • VR3
    Shameless bump
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,542
    I'm still wishing. I asked Santa to bring. ;)
  • VR3
    I'm pulling this particular one as I have two more coming but I will relist something similar for only 650 plus shipping (approx $75)

Not sure you can find a better center channel than that