Spent more money

rpf65
rpf65 Posts: 2,127
Started the day by checking my e-mail, and made the mistake of opening the Best Buy ad. It didn’t take long for me to find the Sony XBR65X900F dropped another $200 in price to $1600.

I’ve been looking at this tv for a while now. It has a pretty good picture, not Z9D or OLED quality by any stretch of the imagination, but pretty good as displayed. Even at $1800 I was on the fence about this set, but with this new price drop, I figured I’d take a chance.
Besides, it was setting almost across the street from the grocery store I was going to.

As a side note, it took all of 45 minutes to get a sales person, complete the transaction, have them put it in the back of my truck. No way I would let them tie it down, so I did that myself. Anyway, in that time a total of 4 tv’s were loaded into vehicles, including my purchase, and 3 of them were the 65 900Fs. Guess others felt the same as I did.

Just thought I’d throw this out there.

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Nice TV non the less
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,506
    That is a real nice tv
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I agree. Nice TV.

There's a video of a REP talking about that TV on Crutchfield and he says it has the BEST video chip Sony has ever made in it.

I loved my old XBR CRT TV's in the past. Oh yea, anybody who ever saw those TV's playing loved those pictures. Extra Bright Resolution.

I think a lot of Tv's will be sold this season! If the new tariffs get implemented, all the China TV's will be a little higher or a lot higher maybe. We'll soon see, won't we.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I just looked at some "Black Friday" and earlier ads and can't believe how cheap they are.

It's crazy!

I'm seeing A LOT of 50" and smaller flat-screens for sale on Craig's list the past couple of months. Even FREE ones!

My dad would've loved buying a big screen TV for this low of pricing. Heck, even an 85" screen is with-in my budget/reach.

I don't know the reliability of these affordable sets though. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    Haha, I didn't realize the date of the original post on this, and just looked it up and went, holy crap, it dropped another $400!
    I disabled signatures.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    bluemarin reported