Garage sale score today! Pioneer CS

2»

Comments

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Years ago I picked up a Yamaha C4-M4 combo for $100 and the seller also had a pair of 903's for $20. I had no idea what they were but after pulling a grill off one and looking them over I decided it would be best to leave them there because of their lack of depth, thin cabs and oversized woofers. In hindsight I probably should've brought them home for a quick flip and ended up with the Yamaha electronics for free.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    I wonder if they are in demand because of the ribbon tweeters? I mean they sound ok to me but not what they are selling for in Ebay. I can't figure it out.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    The word "vintage" is attached to them and hipsters flock to that like flies on ****. They meet an aesthetic that someone out there declared as the ideal look for whatever reason.
  • CH46E
    FestYboy wrote: »
    The word "vintage" is attached to them and hipsters flock to that like flies on ****. They meet an aesthetic that someone out there declared as the ideal look for whatever reason.

A all plastic look. Eww. They just are not my flavor.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Kabuki comes to mind
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    I'm thinking bosozoku...
  • CH46E
    la2vegas wrote: »
    CH46E wrote: »

How much did those plastic speakers sell for? I see they are no longer for sale on Ebay.

$399.00 but the seller has zero feedback. So.... we will see.
  • CH46E

How much did those plastic speakers sell for? I see they are no longer for sale on Ebay.

$399.00 but the seller has zero feedback. So.... we will see.

Congratulations!

I'll wait to see the cash to celebrate. Lol

I'll be able to finish my RTA12B refresh. I'm also looking for a 4k universal player and a really nice 3 way center channel. This sale (if it goes through) will help with some of that.

I think I'll start looking at garage sales more often.