HALP! Yammy RX-V3000 Clicks Off Immediately

Options
2»

Comments

• Inspector 24
    Options
    2.5yrs later and it's still working great!

Wish I could offer more help, my background is automotive diagnostics, when it comes to home electronics I'm more open it up and see what let the smoke out. :open_mouth:

I'd say take it apart as far as you're comfortable putting it back together, look for the burned bits, with some luck you'll find it like I did. ;)
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• jd1972_
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I know this is an old thread but I need some help. I have a Yamaha Rx-v3000 problem is, in some sound fields the volume is very and distorted. if I turn effect off works perfectly. Only has this issue in 4 or 5 the sound fields. Can one help ???
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    Sounds like the DSP chip is going bad. Unfortunately, I highly doubt it’s fixable...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• Inspector 24
    Options
    I need to dig back into mine, the left main channel has started crackling and distorting, hoping it will be as obvious as the last time I found burned resistors. Hoping I can keep it going, this thing can drive speakers in ways newer receivers just can’t and it’s currently perfect for my upstairs system.
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500

• Shof
    Shof Posts: 1
    Options
    Inspector24, you are my hero. I have an RX-V3000 that I love dearly, but unfortunately when I try to turn it on it makes a continuous clunking noise, like a relay keeps tripping, but won't power on. I took it to a "professional" service center for repair, but they just said it's going into a self-protection mode and had no idea why. Thanks for that $40 assessment. I know this thread is old, but closest thing I could find that discusses this problem. Any thoughts?