"Bohemian Rhapsody"

I personally loved the movie despite what some of the reviews are saying, it always seems when I like a movie the reviews are negative, when I think a movie is “meh” it gets rave reviews!! Oh well this is one of those movies, and I personally thought he played Freddy Mercury very well...

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I will get the Blue Ray, and soundtrack when released.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I personally loved the movie despite what some of the reviews are saying, it always seems when I like a movie the reviews are negative, when I think a movie is “meh” it gets rave reviews!! Oh well this is one of those movies, and I personally thought he played Freddy Mercury very well...

I agree Larry when i see 1 or 2 stars by the reviewers I know I'll love it. 4 star review rent that sucker ;)
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    I dig the trailer . . . Gonna check it out fo sho
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Too funny, I'm in the same boat with Larry and Ivan when it comes to the movie reviewers. They love it, I hate it and vice versa.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Oh, you guys are such contrarians.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Remember when "Avatar" didn't win "Best Picture" even though it broke all records to that date I think. "The Hurt Locker" won it that year I think.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited November 2018
    Fortunately, Best Picture is a bit more subjective than based on ticket sales. That said, I have watched Avatar at least 10 times, and Hurt Locker once.

I guess there should also be a “Best Herd Mentality” category. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    I wanted to click LOL AND AGREE but it won't let me.

I think I heard something about THE ACADAMY is going to have the most PUBLIC POPULAR movie category soon.

After I watched Hurt Locker I thought, yea, that was a good TENTION filled movie but come on...AVATAR had sooooo much MORE everything and it was 3+ hours of it. And Avatar was done so frikn well too. It was almost believable!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    The academy was going to add sort of a "people's choice" best picture category for 2019 -- well, more like 'best picture that made a lot of money' category... but they got lots of pushback and demurred.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/06/business/media/academy-awards-popular-film.html

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    IMHO, the “Academy” can go pound sand… Signing off for now
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Tony M
    I read through that LINK and I was also thinking "Black Panther" should win most popular movie Oscar for sure , from what I've heard or read. I haven't seen it but I want to sometime.

I still take the winners of some of the awards as movies I need to watch. "Three Billboards Outside of Billings Montana" won a few awards and after we watched it here at home 6 months ago, we agreed it was worthy. Great twists, comedy and serious moments throughout the movie and PLUS the actors did a great job acting!

It really hurt to see Avatar NOT win years ago. I lost faith that the Academy was a real fair and balanced group of artists that feel like the public does for the most part. Man I was wrong that year.

Even on TMC on cable, their movie ratings are pretty good. But they give "Wuthering Heights" 3 or 3 1/2 stars out of 4. Man, that's a GREAT movie. It touches on so many human emotions and even GHOSTS. Can you smell the heather? :D
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    edited November 2018
    I couldn't agree more.

I don't watch the award shows anymore although my wife does sometimes. They are a complete joke. Hollywood is so in love with themselves and thinks their opinions are so important.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    F1nut wrote: »
    The Oscars......now there's a joke.

I actually pay attention to the stuff that's announced the day before.
    Things like "Best Sound Editing", "Best short Documentary", "Best Costume Design".... You get the drill.

There are some fascinating stories associated with the people who win those awards.
    And some *serious* talent.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Fantastic movie.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Tony M wrote: »
    I read through that LINK and I was also thinking "Black Panther" should win most popular movie Oscar for sure , from what I've heard or read. I haven't seen it but I want to sometime.

I still take the winners of some of the awards as movies I need to watch. "Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri" won a few awards and after we watched it here at home 6 months ago, we agreed it was worthy. Great twists, comedy and serious moments throughout the movie and PLUS the actors did a great job acting!

It really hurt to see Avatar NOT win years ago. I lost faith that the Academy was a real fair and balanced group of artists that feel like the public does for the most part. Man I was wrong that year.

Even on TMC on cable, their movie ratings are pretty good. But they give "Wuthering Heights" 3 or 3 1/2 stars out of 4. Man, that's a GREAT movie. It touches on so many human emotions and even GHOSTS. Can you smell the heather? :D

Fixed it for ya. And a great movie to boot.

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    How about "Three Surfboards Outside of Wheeling Mississippi"?
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited November 2018
    Saw this tonight, enjoyable....not great but good. Music was awesome and the dude who played Freddie hit it outta the park.

Did ya catch Mike Meyers ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Went to see BR today with my daughter. It was a very good film and it reminded me that a lot of the music of my ute is absolutely timeless and I kind of forgot that great music was the norm and I never thought it would be any other way. My daughter is 23 and she is a big fan of Queen and others from back in my day. They don't make that kind of stuff anymore.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They don't make that kind of stuff anymore.

Amen to that bro.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Did you know that Mercury had 4 extra molars. I believe it was molars. Anyway extra teeth, thus the reason for the overbite. And possibly a influence on his vocals.

Never was a Queen fan, but I could sure appreciate FM's talent. I will probably see the movie.

Thanks for the reviews.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Tony M
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »

I still take the winners of some of the awards as movies I need to watch. "Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri" won a few awards and after we watched it here at home 6 months ago, we agreed it was worthy. Great twists, comedy and serious moments throughout the movie and PLUS the actors did a great job acting!

Fixed it for ya. And a great movie to boot.

Ever since hearing that movie title, my old brain just won't remember "Ebbing" for some strange reason. Dang it! :#

Thanks for correcting me. Maybe I'll remember EBBING in the future. ebbing ..ebbing, ebbing Montana, ebbing Montana, ebbing, ebbing, ebbing. :)
    I liked the movie a lot too. I guess it's like some names of people I just can't remember sometimes and I have a pretty good memory for names now too. But this girl's name of Alex, is hard to remember for me. It's a guy's name for the most part unless the girl's name is Alexandra.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I have an idea, Tony. Just think of the classic song "Ebb Tide". :p

Here is a cool, jazzy version by a group called "The Peddlers", who also happened to sing the main title theme from the Hammer Films production "The Lost Continent" (1968), which you may have possibly seen on The Late, Late Show some almost forgotten night back in the 70s. :)

Ebb Tide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71WW66ODPw

The Lost Continent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DJxKCWSA1A
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited November 2018
    Ebb?
    Eb?

afb7tqaex35y.png
    jlseoho9ad4a.png

Great (IMO), absurdist television, ahead of its time.
  • Tony M
    Ebbing Missouri, Missouri, Missouri.

I keep getting that State wrong too. :s

Wow... :(
  • Tony M
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I have an idea, Tony. Just think of the classic song "Ebb Tide". :p

Here is a cool, jazzy version by a group called "The Peddlers", who also happened to sing the main title theme from the Hammer Films production "The Lost Continent" (1968), which you may have possibly seen on The Late, Late Show some almost forgotten night back in the 70s. :)

Ebb Tide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71WW66ODPw

The Lost Continent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DJxKCWSA1A

Strangely enough, I like that groups style. :o

Takes me back about 50 or so years. :)
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    tonyb wrote: »
    Saw this tonight, enjoyable....not great but good. Music was awesome and the dude who played Freddie hit it outta the park.

Did ya catch Mike Meyers ?

Mike Meyers was awesome!