panamax MAX 4300 vs. Monster MP HTS2500

Options
juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
any thoughts, i am torn if the moster is worth the extra $? anyone using either of these in their HT set-ups now?

Panamax MAX 4300

Monster MP HTS2500
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2002
    Options
    when i oredered mine iasked between the monster 3500 and the t modles they had that were at similar price points and i was recomended to get the monster and i have ben happy with it. it will turn on my sub and suround anps when i power up my recever
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    Options
    What pieces of equipment are you looking to run off this thing? What are you trying to get out of it (convenience, protection, audio improvement, video improvement, etc.)?

Aaron
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Very Happy with my HTS3500. It was what I was looking for! It would really be hard to do a side by side comparision on these suckers. Hard to beat Monster quality. I do not think the company is going to crash any time soon. Keep getting bigger and better. Did you guys see there top-of-the-line Power conditioner?
    Holy Cow!!!!!!!!:eek:
  • juice21
    edited April 2002
    Options
    looking for protection mostly, follwed by convienence. my audio and video performance are pretty good(might notice some clean-up once i hook one of these up, but i am not overly concerned on these factors), i don't really have too much interference. that's why i am concentrating on the lower end conditioners, not to drop too much on this when i don't think i will see 'big' improvments. i am looking to run my kenwood vr309, panny DVD, toshiba VHS, sony TV, and future CD, upgraded rec., and stand alone amp. any suggestions...
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I guess the Monster will be fine for that. If you were ooking for audio improvement, I'd look elsewhere. I also have to wonder if that unit can support that many components, particularly the receiver, TV, and separate amp together.....

Aaron
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited April 2002
    Options
    i think it can handel up to a 15 amp draw
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,057
    edited April 2002
    Options
    The Monstercable hts2500 is a fine peice for your system.I can handle everything you plug into it.For the money, it's well worth it.
    I run the monstercable hts5000, and have been sadisfied with it.It's a great peice for triggering on thing's and cleaned up my audio as well as video.Cleaner power = better performance, not to mention a safer one.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • dan t
    dan t Posts: 206
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Bought the HTS2500 2 months ago. Blew the relays in the high current section of the HTS2500 with my Adcom amp. Returned it to Crutchfield, they are going to replace it free of charge. One reason I bought the HTS2500 was because the Adcom amp doesn't have relays on the outputs and I get a pop sound from the speakers when powering up the amp. The HTS2500 was of no use to me. I'm going with the HTS5000.
  • juice21
    edited April 2002
    Options
    aaron - where is better to look for audio improvement, i don't think i have any problems, but just out of curiousity...

dan - drop me an email.

is the 2500 insufficient to run an amp off of? i would be looking to run one (hopefully) within the next year.

anyone out there have any opinions on the panamax, or is monster the obvious choice? them seem to have very similar specs. (although the MC has more outlets) and the panamax is $80 less.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I've had an HTS2500 for over a year now and it does a fine job, no complaints.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited April 2002
    Options
    i run my m4.0t of the 2500 and have no problem with it i have my amp pluged into the preamp outlet. its a delayed on and i get no pop at all.

scott:cool:
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I bought the Monster 2000.

The monster 2500 gets VERY BAD REVIEWS in places like audioreview.com. The 2000 gets very good reviews. The 2000 has 2-stage filtering... whereas the 2500 has 3-stage filtering (whatever that means). Anyway, folks complain about the 3rd staging doing more harm than good - sound wise.

I like the 2000. It sits on the floor where a power conditioner belongs. These aren't really audio components. You just need to forget about them and let them do their job. They don't need to be visible in your equipment rack - my opinion.

The Monster 2000 works great. It cleaned up the haze on my directv signal considerably. Nice unit - really.

Scott, I'd worry about overdrawing the preamp socket with the M4.0t. These things have both "high current" and "low current" sockets - they probably aren't meant to be swapped.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited April 2002
    Options
    after a year on the job it works fine.

scott:cool:
  • dan t
    dan t Posts: 206
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Actually the HTS2500 has stage2 filtering.