NIN - Cold and black and infinite tour 2018

Options
halo
halo Posts: 5,616
So, I didn’t think I had a snowballs chance in h e l l of seeing Trent this time around due to several factors. Then, out of the blue, a good friend I haven’t seen in some time asked me if I wanted to go see the final of three shows in Chicago. It was kind of short notice as he asked me if wanted to go last week and the show was tonight (technically it was yesterday since I just got home and it’s now just after midnight). So, I scrambled and managed to put together a game plan. I took a five and a half hour train ride from St. Louis to Chicago on Friday so I could see the show with my buddy on Saturday and then head back on Sunday (another five and a half hour train ride to look forward to!).

It was definitely great show and I had a blast. It was also about spending some time with a good friend who I haven’t seen in a long time. I’m repeating myself. lol.

Huge thanks go out to my buddy Charlie. Huge thanks go out our building manager for babysitting our cats (my wife was out of town for a family get together so the kitties have been home all alone for the first time ever). Huge thanks go out to my family in Chicago for putting me up at the last minute. I’m really grateful for the amazing people in my life and for my ability to enjoy a show like this after all the events that happened in May. I’m a very fortunate person to be where I am right now. Life’s not perfect, far from it, but it has its moments.
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10

Comments

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    Very awesome that you got to go, let alone seeing it with a friend you haven’t seen in awhile..
  • Toolfan66
    Options
    Victor, I just had time to go back and see what happened in May, sorry I missed that post, I’m so in and out of the forum anymore, glad to see your doing better, I’m so so glad you took that long train ride to spend time with a good friend, I’m sure the show was extra special because of it, life’s short, and we have to enjoy the good moments in life..

Hope today finds you on the good side of the bed as well.

Peace brother...
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Thanks man,

I love all those concert posters! I was going to grab one last night but Charlie (who went to all 3 shows!) thought the merchandise would still be there after the show. Unfortunately, they weren’t. The beetle poster is the one and it’s pretty bad a$$.

Thanks for the kind words!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Toolfan66
    edited October 2018
    Options
    You have to grab those posters right when you walk in, they go fast, I’ve had to get a few of mine off fleabay or straight from the artist website, they are only ran in limited copies. Foil variants are about 20 to 25 prints, and the standard prints range from 200-250 copies..

Trent has a different artist do each night, I have been following each show to see what the next art work will be..

My son grabbed me one from one of the N.Y. shows, waiting for it to get here...