Dsw 660wi

I have had 2 dsw 660 subs in my basement theatre since 2011. I moved out due to a major renovation on the upper floor in March. I moved back in a month ago and both my subs seems to have issues. Can’t get any sound from them through LFe, remote seems unresponsive.

I suppose I need a new controller board for both of them. Ironically, both subs have the same issue.

Does anyone know if there’s a separate controller board available, or I have to change the whole amp circuit board?

I suspect some power issues during the renovation fried my equipment.

Terry

Comments

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,670
    Does anything light up?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tvipondtvipond Posts: 6
    edited October 2018
    One of them gets the green power light on the back and the LED on the front when I turn it on, then the power light goes from green to red. Same thing happens when I put it in either “on” or “standby”

The other gets no LED on the front, and power light on back goes red immediately.

I pulled them apart and found C14 on both of them blown. On the first on, there is a component B1 ... looks like a barrel tube battery (thought it should be labelled BT1)...it has one of its legs melted...not sure if that component is fried too...or it is just collateral damage from the cap.

I am tempted to get some new caps and if I can identify the B1, then get a new one of those as well and try to fix it.

I’ll post a picture of the boards.

• Both boards have capacity cooked but one has the B1 component leg melted away.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,670
    Crispy for sure.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk