SDA CRS

124»

Comments

• mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,759
    So, I am now thinking about the fate of the SDA’s. I do really, really like them, but even with the SDA cable, I like the Missions and the Monitors more. As much as I tried to like the SL2000’s, they are just too bright and harsh for me, and I don’t have the money to put into them for the tweeters and rebuilding the crossovers. I also don’t really want to put it into them, as I need to start saving up for a car, and pay for gas. The entire reason for buying the NAD was so that I could get that, cables, and be done. But I forgot that I needed to rebuild the SDA’s, and that will add at least another $250. And then I need stands for them, and the list continues.
    So while I do really like them, and I keep telling myself I need to keep them, I am thinking that I might sell them, as I really don’t want to store these speakers until I can afford to upgrade them (probably a while after I move out in a few years, as I’m turning my funds away from audio for a while). What I am thinking I might do is sell these now, and then later buy a different pair. None of this is set in stone, and I’m going to continue to think about it for a while most likely.
    Thanks for all your help, and if I decide to keep them, I will certainly put it to good use. I may still do a few of the cheaper mods to the Missions, so your tips have not gone to waste. Some of you probably think that I have lost my marbles, but I can’t afford to do the upgrades and since I like my other speakers more, these will never get used and will just sit, wasted. I don’t want that. I want someone to enjoy them.
    Micah
  • verbverb Posts: 10,281
    edited October 2018
    I can vouch for Dave's and Jesse's guidance on the H-nut procedure. My soon to be resurrected thread (upcoming winter project) of installing H-nuts on my 1C's. With pics! :smile:
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/179960/another-1c-upgrade-path/p1
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
  • verbverb Posts: 10,281
    BTW I have plenty of extras if you want them! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cables, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    verb wrote: »
    BTW I have plenty of extras if you want them! :smile:

Thanks for the offer, but I think shipping would cost about as much as a new pack of nuts. :)
    And I was more referring to the price of RD0 tweeters, crossover restorations, and stands.
    Thanks for the offer! :)
    Sale pending... consider this gone. :)
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 9,378
    Another regular day in Florida for one and a HAPPY day for another. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Trade fell through. These are back.
  • CH46ECH46E Posts: 2,557
    edited November 2018
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Trade fell through. These are back.

That sucks man. What trade were you working on? I was working on a trade for the Infinity Crescendo for a pair of JBL 4408 before I sold them.
    I was trading a friend the SDAs for an Optonica SA-5105 and $50. That thing doesn’t look amazing, but it sounds super, super good. But it ended up not working out.
    I totally just realized this was the wrong thread. :lol: oh well, nothing ended up happening anyways. :)