Club Polk Discounts/Shipping

Hey, does anyone know if Polk still offers parts discounts and free shipping to Club Polk members? They used to going way back but things seem to be a bit different under the new regime.

Answers

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    yes as far I as know, nothing has changed
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    Ogrebelle wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know if Polk still offers parts discounts and free shipping to Club Polk members? They used to going way back but things seem to be a bit different under the new regime.

You'll need more than one post.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    But according to their profile they joined in 2009 but just never posted anything! :)
    F1nut wrote: »
    You'll need more than one post.

• F1nut
    Call it encouragement.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Ogrebelle
    Ogrebelle Posts: 13
    Ok, how many posts does it take? Just curious... As Clipdat noticed, I've been a Club Polk member (albeit a lurking member) since 2009 and bought my first Polk speakers in 1991. Lots of good insight here from people who know more than me and I prefer not to post unless I have something to add. I operate on the "do not speak unless you can improve the silence" principle...
  • Clipdat
    Tell us about your profile pic! Do you make/harvest your own honey?
    Ok, how many posts does it take? Just curious... As Clipdat noticed, I've been a Club Polk member (albeit a lurking member) since 2009 and bought my first Polk speakers in 1991. Lots of good insight here from people who know more than me and I prefer not to post unless I have something to add. I operate on the "do not speak unless you can improve the silence" principle...

• Clipdat
    edited May 2018
    And I'm sure that makes it taste extra sweet when you try it. :)

Thanks for sharing the backstory.
    Just trying to keep some family history alive.

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    I have pretty bad allergies, I used to get two allergy shots a week until I was in my late twenties. I have to take antihistamines if I go outdoors for any length of time, which I hate because it makes me feel funny. Well, funnier than normal. I read that if you consume local unprocessed honey (I guess that's the proper term, the darker stuff), it can help with allergies because it has local pollen in it and a person may become less sensitive to this pollen over time. So I started buying local honey from our farmers' market. I don't know if it helps my allergies any, but it sure does taste good. I'll get crucified by the hard core coffee drinkers here for saying this, but some local honey in my coffee.. Mmmm.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I LOVE honey.

Back to POLK. I've received free parts w/free shipping and other times, paid for the discounted parts and paid a little for shipping. No problems here. It has balanced out for me. I love Polk's customer service people. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • I’ve recently come across a pair of SRS 3.1TL speakers I’m looking to upgrade both tweeters to the RD0-198-1 silk tweeters... but I have no idea how to order them through Polk with the member discount. This is indeed my first post on the site but I’ve definitely have learned A LOT from this great website! I would appreciate any help.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Call Polk customer service, mention you're a member, Bob's your uncle.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited October 2018
    AFAIK you call Polk, talk to customer service, and place your order. Then tell them you are a member here and they apply any discounts.

I was never placed on hold while they looked up my username or number of posts. Not sure where that came from!

Not recommended but if they do have a minimum post number (and I doubt it) just spend a day and post a bunch of meaningless "I agree" posts. Not sure how that helps Polk or anyone here though. That is why a "rule" like more than one post is ludicrous if it exists.
  • Thanks delkal! I was starting to think that it was something exclusive and you had to be in the “know”. I’m glad that’s as simple as just making a call.
  • delkal
    edited October 2018
    kwells920 wrote: »
    Thanks delkal! I was starting to think that it was something exclusive and you had to be in the “know”. I’m glad that’s as simple as just making a call.

You are in the know. You know about the discount. So it is worth a try............

Let us know if they say No.
  • pitdogg2
    You just must be a member here that's it
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Psh, last time I ordered a tweeter they added on the discount before I mentioned I was a member.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Psh, last time I ordered a tweeter they added on the discount before I mentioned I was a member.

Your reputation precedes you...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • codycatalist

Your reputation precedes you...

Should be apparent....obviously.

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • F1nut
    delkal wrote: »
    AFAIK you call Polk, talk to customer service, and place your order. Then tell them you are a member here and they apply any discounts.

I was never placed on hold while they looked up my username or number of posts. Not sure where that came from!

Not recommended but if they do have a minimum post number (and I doubt it) just spend a day and post a bunch of meaningless "I agree" posts. Not sure how that helps Polk or anyone here though. That is why a "rule" like more than one post is ludicrous if it exists.

It wouldn't be ludicrous at all, but there is no such rule. What is ludicrous is you suggesting that someone post meaningless posts in the event there was such a rule.

President of Club Polk

• delkal
    edited October 2018

It wouldn't be ludicrous at all, but there is no such rule. What is ludicrous is you suggesting that someone post meaningless posts in the event there was such a rule.

I think they would have figured it out themselves. I see new users doing that all the time on some of the other boards I frequent (without me having to tell them).

The rule here for 100 posts before you can sell anything is high enough to stop most people from artificially inflating their post number. But other boards with a minimum of 10-20 they can knock out their first evening.

PS.....You were the one that said you need more than one post to get a discount (last May). Sometimes it is hard to tell when you are serious or just busting on someone new.
  • codycatalist

I think they would have figured it out themselves. I see new users doing that all the time on some of the other boards I frequent (without me having to tell them).

The rule here for 100 posts before you can sell anything is high enough to stop most people from artificially inflating their post number. But other boards with a minimum of 10-20 they can knock out their first evening.

PS.....You were the one that said you need more than one post to get a discount (last May). Sometimes it is hard to tell when you are serious or just busting on someone new.

If you're not an OG round these parts he will be busting on you. That is unless you can get him his damn cookie.

• pitdogg2

If you're not an OG round these parts he will be busting on you.

OG or not he'll bust on you believe me...

The man has always told it like it is whether you like it or not...

Honestly I like that.

• codycatalist
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Honestly I like that.

Im not opposed to it either. I get that is just who he is, everyone needs a realist around or we all go to la la land.

• delkal
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Honestly I like that.

Im not opposed to it either. I get that is just who he is, everyone needs a realist around or we all go to la la land.

Its all good. This is a unique board. Just like one big (slightly dysfunctional) family!
  • pitdogg2
    Where's my damn cookie?

You ate Mr. Sumzymers
  • delkal wrote: »

I agree!
  • Tony M wrote: »
    I LOVE honey.

Back to POLK. I've received free parts w/free shipping and other times, paid for the discounted parts and paid a little for shipping. No problems here. It has balanced out for me. I love Polk's customer service people. ;)

I also love honey, and Polk!