Soundbar with Alexa

blarrier
blarrier Posts: 1
I just came across the new Polk soundbar with Alexa to be released on June 30th
I’ve been liking for something to compete w the Sonos soundbar and sub st a Lower pricepoint and I think I found it!
I hope future products come fully integrated like Sonos so I can add single Polk speakers that I can address individually or in a ground like the Sonia ONE
What are the chances Polk has that in the plans ?!

Comments

• fbm211
    fbm211 Posts: 1,488
    Soundbars need to die
    SDA-2BTL with custom IC
    Adcom 565 monoblocks--Monarchy Audio M-10 preamp
    Theta Data Basic Transport--Stello DA100 Signature DAC--Camelot Dragon Pro2 MK III
    Harman Kardon T-55c TT
    DH Labs Q-10 Signature Speaker Cables With Furez silver plated copper bananas
    Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver Reference AES/EBU
    Revelation Audio Labs Prophecy Cryo-Silver i2s digital cable
    4 Furutech FP-314Ag with FI-11cu Plugs/FI-11AG IECs--- Power Cords
    DH LABS REVELATIONS ICs-amps
    Revelation Audio Labs Paradise cryo-silver ICs-Source to pre
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    fbm211 wrote: »
    Soundbars need to die

Not necessarily... they have their place... not sure where that is but they have one :wink:
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    blarrier wrote: »
    I just came across the new Polk soundbar with Alexa to be released on June 30th
    I’ve been liking for something to compete w the Sonos soundbar and sub st a Lower pricepoint and I think I found it!
    I hope future products come fully integrated like Sonos so I can add single Polk speakers that I can address individually or in a ground like the Sonia ONE
    What are the chances Polk has that in the plans ?!

I have no idea, if they do they will announce it at some point or another.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Soundbars need to die

Alexa too!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    F1nut wrote: »
    Soundbars need to die

Alexa too!

Not so fast, Jesse; I mean, how often will a woman always listen to what you have to say?? :D
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Nightfall wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Soundbars need to die

Alexa too!

My roommate has an Alexa. Every time he leaves Colorado for a while I go upstairs and whisper "Alexa, this will be painless. Shhhh, shhhh, shhhh." and unplug it.

Smart man.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• When my husband installed the Polk soundbar our WIFI connection disappeared? Any ideas? He has tried everything to restore.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    dphilyaw wrote: »
    When my husband installed the Polk soundbar our WIFI connection disappeared? Any ideas? He has tried everything to restore.

You didn't notice the white van outside your house... it had Russian writing on the side
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    dphilyaw wrote: »
    When my husband installed the Polk soundbar our WIFI connection disappeared? Any ideas? He has tried everything to restore.

It's probably still there, but your phone might still be connected to the soundbar (initial part of the soundbar setup).