WTB: CD transport

2»

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    I very highly recommend a Theta Jade. I do not have one for sale, but own one. Find one to buy.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Never seen a transport with six power transformers. Until now!

jade-transport-1-theta-digital.jpg
    headrott wrote: »
    I very highly recommend a Theta Jade. I do not have one for sale, but own one. Find one to buy.

• headrott
    It's an excellent transport. It's getting to be time to replace the capacitors in mine. I own two replacement lasers since they went out production a few years back. I also need to replace the caps in my BAT VK-31 too.

Find a Jade. I don't know what they go for these days. I got mine about 7 years ago (somewhere around there)?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    headrott wrote: »

There's a Theta Jade on eBay right now with a BIN of $1,550!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Theta-Jade-CD-transport-Rare/253821237458
  • headrott
    That's on the expensive side for sure. I bought mine about 7 years ago for (if I remember correctly) $1,100. It is a damn good transport however. Mine has not had a single problem in the last 7 years. I will be changing out the capacitors here soon due to age, however.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg