WTB: CD transport

2»

Comments

• headrottheadrott Posts: 5,457
    I very highly recommend a Theta Jade. I do not have one for sale, but own one. Find one to buy.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,279
    Never seen a transport with six power transformers. Until now!

jade-transport-1-theta-digital.jpg
    headrott wrote: »
    I very highly recommend a Theta Jade. I do not have one for sale, but own one. Find one to buy.

"Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    It's an excellent transport. It's getting to be time to replace the capacitors in mine. I own two replacement lasers since they went out production a few years back. I also need to replace the caps in my BAT VK-31 too.

Find a Jade. I don't know what they go for these days. I got mine about 7 years ago (somewhere around there)?
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,279
    headrott wrote: »

There's a Theta Jade on eBay right now with a BIN of $1,550!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Theta-Jade-CD-transport-Rare/253821237458
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    That's on the expensive side for sure. I bought mine about 7 years ago for (if I remember correctly) $1,100. It is a damn good transport however. Mine has not had a single problem in the last 7 years. I will be changing out the capacitors here soon due to age, however.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg